Improvement of Performance (IOP)
- Improvement Exam can be taken in one or more subjects in the succeeding year only after passing the subject in Class XII.
- The examination would take place in March and the result will be declared in May.
- A candidate cannot appear for improvement examination in the subjects which he/she failed to pass.
- The fees per subject to be submitted is Rs.200 (may change).
- The Application Forms will be released in August till October and can be collected from regional offices or syndicate bank branches.
- Candidates will be issued only Statement of Marks reflecting the marks of the improvement examination.
The application forms for Improvement examination will be available from July onward. Each form will cost Rs.10. The forms can be collected from Syndicate Bank branches throughout Delhi and Regional Offices of CBSE for other regions.
The results will be announced in the month of May at http://cbseresults.nic.in
Frequently Asked Questions
Can a candidate simultaneously appear for Improvement as well as Additional subject examination?
Ans.: No, a candidate appearing for Improvement in one or more subjects cannot appear for additional subject examination simultaneously.
How many times can a candidate appear for Improvement examination?
Ans.: For improvement examination only one chance in the succeeding year is permitted.
Is a student required to appear in all subjects in improvement examination?
Ans.: No, the student can appear in one or more than one subject(s) as per his/her choice. However, improvement exam. can be taken only in the successive year of passing Class XII exams.
I wish to improve my performance in Chemistry and Maths in class XII. Is it possible and how?
Ans.: A candidate who has passed Class XII examination of the Board may reappear for improvement of performance in one or more subjects in the main examination in the succeeding year only. The candidate may appear privately; those re-appearing for whole examination can also appear as regular candidate if admitted by the school.
“Self-improvement is the name of the game, and your primary objective is to strengthen yourself, not to destroy an opponent”