The application form will be available in September/October of every year in the CBSE website. The application fee is usually Rs 200. This may vary.
General procedure for applying online for the improvement exam
- Visit the official website of CBSE: http://cbse.nic.in/
- Enter the previous year’s board exam roll number in the appropriate text box.
- If you are appearing as a regular student, then you have to enter your five-digit school number in the second text box. If you are appearing as a private candidate you have to enter 99999.
- Next, you have to enter the examination center code.
- Following this, you have to fill up the details for the improvement exam.
- Payment can be done manually or online through E-challan.
- Do note down the application number and roll number.
- Click on the submit button after making sure all details are correct. If there are invalid entries the submission will not be accepted online and an error message will be flashed and you can correct the details.
- After submission and acceptance, your browser screen will give you a set of guidelines. Please do follow these guidelines.