Another hassle free and a much more feasible technique to get the copy of your certificates and marksheets is through the time and energy saving way- ONLINE!!
Yes, you heard that right; you can now miss out on the tedious lines of post office or the endless queue in the regional offices of CBSE. For this comfort, all you have to do is create a DigiLocker account. Now what’s a DigiLocker account you ask? DigiLocker is Government of India’s cloud based platform for storage, sharing and verification of documents and certificates. In layman’s terms, it’s akin to a regular locker that one can access to get the important documents; just the mode becomes online here.
Where to get the login credentials from?
Students will receive their DigiLocker username through SMS on the mobile number registered with CBSE. If you are accessing your DigiLocker account for the first time, your account password will be your mother's first name (in lower case) as mentioned on your admit card followed by last four digits of your roll number. You may email the DigiLocker team at email@example.com mentioning your mobile number, CBSE roll number and class in case you'd like to get support regarding the login credentials.
Steps to create and access a DigiLocker Account:
- First and foremost visit digilocker.gov.in.
- After that click on sign up. Enter your registered mobile number and click continue.
- An OTP will be generated taking 2-3 minutes. Enter that OTP and click continue.
- Next you have to set your username and password. Password has to be 8-30 characters long with an upper case, a digit and a special character.
- After this, you will have to fill in your aadhar card details to verify. Once your aadhar has been verified, there will be a message showing that your account has been successfully created.
- When the DigiLocker interface opens up after this step, go to right side of the page where you will find a notification about CBSE issuing mark sheet and certificate there.
- Click on the link provided there and next it will ask you to select partner name. You have to select CBSE out of the given options.
- Fill in a specific certificate, like migration certificate, in the ‘document type’ dialog box.
- After this, a series of boxes will appear asking for your basic details like your name, year of passing and roll number. After filling in these details, click ‘get document’
- Two options will appear, ‘view document’ and ‘save document link in “issued docs”
- After viewing the document, you can save it and get the print out of the same.
For Mobile / App users:
- Download the DigiLocker app from the play store or app store.
- Click on sign up when are using it the first time.
- After you click on sign up, app will ask for your mobile number. Enter your mobile number currently in use and registered.
- An OTP will be sent on that number. Copy that OTP in the dialog box provided.
- Next, app will ask for your email id or phone number (whichever is suitable and more in use), password that you will set for this app and a confirmation of the password. Follow the instructions carefully to set the password.
- After filling up these 3 dialog boxes, a confirmation SMS/mail will be sent on your phone/email (whichever you provided previously) telling you of your account being successfully made.
- Then the app will ask you to set a 4 digit pin for extra security. It’s advisable to set it in order to prevent any mishap in case your phone falls into another hands.
- Link your aadhar card with the digilocker account by filling in your aadhar card number.
- After the verification of the aadhar, continue with the same process as given above.
- You can download the document, print it and also save it in issued documents or future use.
So, obtaining various certificates and marksheets has never been easier!! It’s completely safe, reliable and saves the daunting task of the physical paper work. Having been launched by the Government o India, it gets a huge amount of credibility as well.