AICTE or All India Council for Technical Education was formed in the year 1945 in the month of November, as the core body to regulate and look after the various institutions offering technical courses and also manage the technical facilities.
- Technical education in India is a major contributor to the economic upliftment and development of the country. It also occupies a major share of the entire educational system, with lakhs of aspirants aiming to enrol in a technical stream, every year. The governing body has basically three main objectives:
- Providing quality technical education
- Developing and planning of better technical education system
- Regulating the various norms and regulations operating the institutions.
- Coordinating the development of technical education in the country at all levels.
- Promoting research, development and innovations and establish new technologies.
- Formulating schemes for encouraging and promoting technical education for handicapped people, women and weaker sections of the society.
- Devising performance appraisal systems for the technical institutions and Universities.
- Laying down standards and norms for charging tuition fees and other fees, courses, physical and other facilities, curricula, staff qualifications and their pattern, instructions for maintaining quality and examinations and assessments.
- Also laying down norms for granting autonomy to a certain technical institution.
Address / Location
Nelson Mandela Marg, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-110070 India
- login to view
- login to view