Heritage India Quiz
CBSE Heritage Quiz
The CBSE Heritage India Quiz is one of the enrichment activities initiated by the Board with the objective of inculcating among the students interest and appreciation for the rich heritage and diversity of our country. Started in the year 2001, it has been generating tremendous enthusiasm among the student community. It is needless to say that it has been the unstinted support and cooperation from schools that had enabled this success. The trend needs to be continued and the schools are expected to participate with greater vigour in the Heritage India Quiz to be conducted in the ensuing Academic Session.
Indians have always been proud of their cultural heritage. The tangible (monuments/ artifacts), intangible elements (folk traditions/language) and even natural heritage and its bio-diversity need to be preserved and conserved.
It is important for learners to know about the heritage which enables them to understand the beliefs, values, history and socio-cultural context of their country. This helps them to accept and respect the cultural differences given in the diversity and leads to developing critical skills.
The Board has therefore initiated a micro site on Heritage Education at http://heritage.cbseacademic.in which will help teachers to explore, learn and empower their students with local heritage and connect them to National and World Heritage Sites.
Heritage Education in the CBSE also includes the celebration of the Heritage Day on 12th January when school children reaffirm their commitment to preserve and protect Heritage monuments of the country. The Board has constantly laid emphasis on promoting Heritage Clubs, initiating Heritage Walks and conducting cultural events to enrich every learner’s overall experience.
The CBSE Heritage India Quiz, initiated in 2001, is an Inter School Quiz which has been conceptualized by the Board with the objective of creating awareness and appreciation in the student community towards the rich cultural heritage and diversity of our country.
This year the event is going to be conducted in multiple phases as:-
- Phase 1 – City Chapter – first week of October to mid November, 2012
- Phase 2 – Regional Chapter- mid- November to December first week, 2012
- Phase 3 – National Semi Finals and National Finals – mid week of December, 2012
Note: Finalised Cities will be decided after Registration.
The interested schools need to send in their registration and confirmation for the event on or before 20th September, 2012 by filling in the online registration form (Annexure A) at www.cbseacademic.in. The schools may register online by entering their user-id (affiliation number) and password; the same can be used for online registration. After login, the schools are required to fill in requisite details in the registration form by clicking on the submit button. The details related to the name of the Principal, mobile number and the choice of city can be edited by the schools. After the submission of the form online it may be noted that the details once entered cannot be altered.
The schools are requested to take a print-out of submitted registration form on A-4 size paper and send along with the DD of Rs. 600/- towards the registration fee drawn in favour of Secretary, CBSE, Delhi duly signed by the Principal of the school. The form can be sent online and also by post. The downloaded registration form duly signed by the principal of the school along with the DD in original should be sent to .Mr. Sandeep Sethi, Education Officer, CBSE, 17 Rouse Avenue, New Delhi- 110002, immediately by speed post so as to reach the Board by 25th September, 2012 The online registration will be considered only after receiving the registration fees through the demand draft.
The last date of online registration is 20th September, 2012.The schools are advised to register at the earliest possible to avoid last minute delay.
The participation is open to the students of classes IXth- XIIth. The schools interested to register are requested to select and sponsor three students from their schools who as a team will compete with other schools in the City Chapter.
Online Registration: http://cbseacademic.in/online/HeritageQuiz/2012/
Second class rail fare including reservation charges for three students and one school escort will be reimbursed to the teams who will be competing in the National finals. There are attractive prizes and trophies for the winners besides certificates instituted for the participants. The winning team will walk away with a Trophy and cash prize.
21,000 x 1 team
12,000 x 1 team
7,500 x 1 team
4,500 x 1 team
Second Position at semi-final
3,000 x 4 teams
Third Position at semi-final
1,500 x 4 teams
For further information you may contact Mr. Sandeep Sethi, Education Officer, CBSE, 17 Rouse Avenue, New Delhi-110002 at 011-23217128 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules and Regulations
- Any student from classes IX to XII can participate.
- There will be three students participating from each school in City Chapter.
- Schools are requested to register and submit required fees before 20th September, 2012.
- The online registration window will be opened from 25th August to 20th September, 2012.
- 36 teams from each region will compete for the City Chapter.
- The 6 teams qualifying the City Chapter will be placed directly in the Regional Chapter.
- The National Semi Finals will witness two teams each from across the 8 competing regions. The 16 teams will be divided into 4 groups of 4 teams each.
- The Semifinals and Finals will be held in Delhi in a televised format.
- All the students participating will be given a participating Certificate and winners will be also given cash prizes.
- Videography of the rounds should be done to avoid any confusion later.
- The Audio/Video system should be properly installed.
- Provision for independent observers should be made.
- The audience should be drawn from different schools.
- The venue for the rounds should be in neutral schools.
More on Heritage India Quiz:
- CBSE Heritage India Quiz Sample Question Papers
- Heritage India Quiz – Phase 1: City Chapter
- Heritage India Quiz – Phase 2: Regional Chapter
- Heritage India Quiz – Phase 3: National Semi Finals and Finals