Junior Science Olympiad (JSO)
KVS Junior Science Olympiad (KVS-JSO)
The Olympiad will follow the following two stages:
- Stage I: KVS Junior Science Olympiad (KVS-JSO)
- Stage II: Orientation cum training Camp for top 100 performers in order of merit based on their proformance in KVS-JSO for National Standard Examination in Junior Science (NSEJS) conducted by Indian Association for Physics Teachers (IAPT)
- Initially the first 100 students shortlisted from stage-I will be registered to participate in National Standard Examination in Junior Science (NSEJS) as per attached guidelines .After one year, KVS may conduct its own National Level Examination like Maths Olympiad .
- The students selected from stage I will be given rigorous training for their participation in Indian National Junior Science Olympiad (INJSO)
The detailed information about eligibility and structure of the stages is given below:
Stage I: KVS Junior Science Olympiad (KVS -JSO) This is the first stage of selection of students. KVS-JSO will be conducted by the KVS regional office on a rotation basis. The first KVS- JSO will be conducted by KVS regional office Delhi ( Coordinated by Principal, Kendriya Vidyalaya Sector-2 R. K Puram , Near Saint Thomas Church , New Delhi- 110022 )
All the regular students of Kendriya Vidyalayas who have passed Class IX with Grade_C1 in Science subject in the examination are eligible to appear in KVS-JSO 2010. The first 100 students in the order of merit) will qualify for second stage.
It will be the responsibility of the Vidyalaya and students to ensure that they fulfill eligibility criteria. In case at any stage of the program it is found that the student does not satisfy the eligibility criteria, he/she may be disqualified from the Scheme.
Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) per student.. Fee for SC/ST students will be paid out of Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi of the KV concerned.
The eligible & willing candidate has to register herself/himself on prescribed form. (Annexure-I). The school as well as in the Regional Office concerned will retain one copy of the filled in Registration Forms for their record. However, a consolidated list of students, registered Vidyalaya-wise for the KVS-JSO Olympiad should be sent to the undersigned in the proforna given in Annexure-II along with single draft for the total amount collected as registration fee from all the students of the KVs of the Region concerned. The draft should be made in favour of “KVS, New Delhi” payable at New Delhi.
Allocation of Roll No:
The Principal of KV concerned will allocate the Roll No. on registration form of each candidate. The same Roll No. should be mentioned on the admit card. The Roll Numbers will be allocated strictly in the following manner.
Each student will be allotted nine-digit roll number with prefix KVS-JSO. The first two digits on the left will show the region code, next four digits will show the Vidyalaya code and last three digits will show the serial number of the candidate.
Coding Procedure for allocating Roll Number:
|NAME OF SCHEME||Region code||Vidyalaya Code||Serial number as per registration|
Example: The roll Number of Master Rajesh of KV NTPC Badarpur (KV Code-1406) of Delhi region (Code No.09) and having serial number 005 in the list of student registered for Olympiad will be written as:
Note: For allotting roll number to students, each KV should follow strictly the standardized codes for Regional Offices and Kendriya Vidyalayas covered in each region as per codes mentioned in transfer guidelines. This is necessary as the same codes are to be maintained by KVS (HQ) during computerization of the registration/result etc.
|Last Date for submission of list of registered students to the Regional Office:||20th June 2010|
Last Date for submission of consolidated list of students, registered Vidyalaya-wise for the Jr. Science Olympiad to KVS (HQ) in the proforma given in Annexure-V along with single draft for the total amount collected as registration fee from all the students of the KVs of the Region concerned. The draft should be made in favour of “KVS, New Delhi” payable at New Delhi.
One copy of the consolidated list of students, registered Vidyalaya-wise for the Jr. Science Olympiad should also be sent to organizing Principal – Kendriya Vidyalaya Sactor-2 R. K Puram , Near Saint Thomas Church , New Delhi- 110022 ([email protected], Tel : 011-26175262, Mobile – 9717620566)
NOTE: No K.V will send it’s individual draft to KVS (H.Q,) directly.
|10th July -2010|
The syllabus for KVS-JSO will be broadly equivalent to the secondary school level (up to Class X) of the CBSE. This is only a broad outline, and there is no detailed syllabus given for KVS-JSO.
The paper test comprehension of the subject rather than rote memory. Its format will be as follows:
Total marks: 150
|Multiple choice questions consisting of:||Max Marks|
|A1||30 questions with only one of the four options correct (negative marks for incorrect answers). Each question carries 03 marks.||90|
|A2||10 questions with any number of the four options correct. To get credit, all correct option (s) and no incorrect option(s) should be marked.
Each question carries 06 marks.
|Medium of test||English|
Question Paper cum answer book: The printed question paper cum answer booklet for the Olympiad will be directly dispatched from Kendriya Vidyalaya Sector-2 R. K Puram , Near Saint Thomas Church , New Delhi- 110022 to the principals of thr KVs (identified as test centers by the Assistant Commissioners of KVS Regional Offices concerned) bn.
Date & Time of Examination:
1st August (Sunday ),2010 ) from 10.00 am to 01.00 pm
Declaration of Results:
Result is likely to be declared by 18th of August -2010.
Qualifying for the Second Stage:
Based on the proformance in KVS-JSO the top 100 students in order of merit in KVS-JSO will qualify to attend Orientation cum Training Camp to be organized by Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) for preparing them for National Standard Examination on Junior Science (NSEJS) conducted by Indian Association for Physics Teachers (IAPT).
The training program may be conducted in Autumn Break at selected centres.
Certificates and Prizes/Cash Awards:
Students will be given cash awards and certificates at: –
I. KVS State Level –
1st award is – Rs.5000/-
2nd award is – Rs.4000/-
3rd award is – Rs3000/-
II. Regional Level
1st award is – Rs.2000/-
2nd award is – Rs.1500/-
3rd award is – Rs1000/-
The students eligible for both at KVS State and Regional level will get ONLY higher cash prize.
1. ACs will circulate the information and the guidelines to all the Vidyalayas of their Region.
2. ACs will send the list of 05 to 06 centers along with name of the Vidyalayas covered by them to organizing Principal – Kendriya Vidyalaya Sactor-2 R. K Puram , Near Saint Thomas Church , New Delhi- 110022 ([email protected], Tel : 011-26175262, Mobile – 9717620566). This should be sent by 21st June, 2010 in the proforma enclosed as ANNEXURE-V. The Principals of each region will give wide publicity among the student and send the list of students in ANNEXURE-II along with Registration fee following the guidelines given above to the Regional office by 28th June 2010 and in turn all regional offices will send consolidated list of participating students, Vidyalaya-wise as per the performe given in ANNEXURE-V along with a consolidated demand draft of the total amount collected as Registration Fees and the list of centers identified by them, in respect of their Region to KVS (HQ by10th July,2010. One copy of the consolidated list of students, registered Vidyalaya-wise for the Jr. Science Olympiad should also be sent to organizing Principal – Kendriya Vidyalaya Sactor-2 R. K Puram , Near Saint Thomas Church , New Delhi- 110022 ([email protected], Tel : 011-26175262, Mobile – 9717620566)
3. The Principal of each school will send the list of the students registered for the Olympiad to the respective test centers identified by the Assistant Commissioner. The Principals of the test center will inform the organizing Principal – Kendriya Vidyalaya sector-2, R. K Puram , Near Saint Thomas Church , New Delhi- 110022 ([email protected], Tel : 011-26175262, Mobile – 9717620566) the number of question paper required on or before 10th July 2010, by Speed Post/Fax/e-mail.
4. The Principal of the TEST CENTRE-KV will be the Superintendent for conduct of the examination.
5. The Center Superintendent will dispatch answer books along with two copies of attendance sheet (Bilingual) of the students to the organizing Principal – Kendriya Vidyalaya sector-2, R. K Puram , Near Saint Thomas Church , New Delhi- 110022 ([email protected]) on the same day after completion of Olympiad i.e. 1st August, 2010
The International Junior Science Olympiad (IJSO) is a competitive examination open to students of all countries in the world, primarily studying in secondary schools. All basic subjects of Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics) are given roughly equal representation in the IJSO examination.
- Sample Paper | Answer Keys
- CBSE Group Mathematical Olympiad (GMO)
- IGNOU-UNESCO Science Olympiad
- Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO)
- International Junior Science Olympiad (IJSO)
- International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO)
- Junior Mathematics Olympiad (JMO)
- Junior Science Talent Search (JSTS) Exam
- National Cyber Olympiad (NCO)
- National Informatics Olympiad (NIO)
- National Science Olympiad (NSO)
- Zonal Informatics Olympiad (ZIO)