CCE Guidelines and Pattern
Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation refers to a system of school based assessment that covers all aspects of student’s development.
It emphasizes two fold objectives.Continuity in evaluation and assessment of broad based learning.
CCE helps in reducing stress of students by :-
- Identifying learning progress of students at regular time intervals on small portions of content.
- Employing a variety of remedial measures of teaching based on learning needs and potential of different students.
- Desisting from using negative comments on the learner’s performance.
- Encouraging learning through employment of a variety of teaching aids and techniques.
- Involving learners actively in the learning process.
- Recognizing and encouraging specific abilities of students, who do not excel in academics but perform well in other co-curricular areas.
TEACHERS SHOULD KEEP IN MIND
- Use a variety of tools (oral, projects, presentations) .
- Understand different learning styles and abilities.
- Share the assessment criteria with the students.
- Allow peer and self assessment.
- Give an opportunity to the student to improve.
Important Points :
- CCE will cover the scholastic and co scholastic areas of school education.
- The two types of assessment referred to in the circular are formative and summative. The periodicity of the two types of assessment are four and twice a year respectively.
- Formative Assessment totals to 40% weightage.
- Summative Assessment totals to 60% weightage.
- There are nine grades in Part A of Scholastic assessment and Part B of the same assessment has five grades.
- Summative assessment covers non academic areas like attitudes and skills and there are three grades.
- If a student secures Grade 6 in the academic areas his/her marks would range from 51% to 60%.
- CCE advocates absolute grading. This means that Grade 9 would imply an A2 grade.
- The academic term will be divided into two terms.
Classes IX and X
Which report cards are to be used?
Report cards issued by the school.
Who will sign the completed CCE cards in class X for 2011?
The Board, the Principal and the Student.
Which document has the syllabus and examination specifications?
Syllabus and Examination as per Secondary School Curriculum Document 2010.
How can the board help for selection of subjects in class XI?
By holding aptitude tests.
When would this help be available?
Twice a year
ASSESSMENT FOR STD IX 2009-2010(On-going session)
- CCE will be for Second Term only and will continue in Std X.
- Report Card to be issued by the school
- Model Report Card (Optional) view.
- Report Card to reflect : Formative
assessment and Summative assessment in both Scholastic and Co-scholastic areas.
- Advantages of CCE System in CBSE
- An Overview of CBSE Summative Assessment in Class IX
- CBSE Assessment in Classes IX and X
- CBSE CCE | Formative Assessment of German for Class IX
- CBSE CCE | Structure for Summative Assessment of German for Class IX
- CBSE CCE | Structure for Summative Assessment of Gujarati for Class IX
- CBSE CCE | Summative Assessment of Sindhi for Class IX
- CBSE CCE | Syllabus for Summative Assessment of German for Class IX
- CBSE CCE | Syllabus for Summative Assessment of Gujarati for Class IX
- CBSE CCE Guidelines for Formative Assessment in French for Class IX
- CBSE CCE in Class IX
- CBSE CCE Sample Paper and Marking Scheme of Social Science, Class IX
- CBSE CCE Sample Paper of English (Communicative) for Class IX
- CBSE CCE Sample Paper of English (Language and Literature) for Class IX
- CBSE CCE Sample Paper of German for Class IX
- CBSE CCE Song
- CBSE CCE Support Material | CBSE CCE Teacher's Manual
- CBSE CCE Syllabus for Summative Assessment of Kannada for Class IX
- CBSE CCE System in Classes VI, VII and VIII
- CBSE Class IX CCE Sample Paper of French for Class IX
- CBSE Exam Structure for Summative Assessment of Kannada for Class IX
- CBSE Examination Reforms and CCE Training Schedule
- CBSE Film/Video describing CCE and Grading System
- CBSE Marking Scheme for Summative Assessment of Social Science for Class IX
- CBSE School Based Summative Assessment-II
- CCE Award
- CCE Certificate
- CCE Date Sheet for Class IX
- CCE in Classes VI, VII, VIII as well
- CCE Report Card
- CCE Sample Papers
- CCE Software
- CCE Syllabus
- CCE Syllabus
- CCE System
- Difference Between Board and School Conducted SA-II
- Features of CCE
- Formative Assessment
- Functions of CCE
- How CCE Changed the life of Teachers and Students
- Introduction of CCE in CBSE Board | CCE Guidelines
- Mentor Awards
- Monitoring and Mentoring of CCE
- Objectives of CCE
- Parent Advocates for CCE
- Resolution of the 16th National CBSE Sahodaya Conference
- Sample Question Papers, Summative Assessment in Class IX
- Students' Misunderstandings about CCE System
- Summative Assessment
- Summative Assessment-1
- Summative Assessment-II
- The Basics of CBSE CCE and Grading System
- Will CCE help crack Competitive/Entrance Exams?