CCE Guidelines and Pattern
Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation refers to a system of school based assessment that covers all aspects of student’s development.
It emphasizes two fold objectives.Continuity in evaluation and assessment of broad based learning.
CCE helps in reducing stress of students by :-
- Identifying learning progress of students at regular time intervals on small portions of content.
- Employing a variety of remedial measures of teaching based on learning needs and potential of different students.
- Desisting from using negative comments on the learner’s performance.
- Encouraging learning through employment of a variety of teaching aids and techniques.
- Involving learners actively in the learning process.
- Recognizing and encouraging specific abilities of students, who do not excel in academics but perform well in other co-curricular areas.
TEACHERS SHOULD KEEP IN MIND
- Use a variety of tools (oral, projects, presentations) .
- Understand different learning styles and abilities.
- Share the assessment criteria with the students.
- Allow peer and self assessment.
- Give an opportunity to the student to improve.
Important Points :
- CCE will cover the scholastic and co scholastic areas of school education.
- The two types of assessment referred to in the circular are formative and summative. The periodicity of the two types of assessment are four and twice a year respectively.
- Formative Assessment totals to 40% weightage.
- Summative Assessment totals to 60% weightage.
- There are nine grades in Part A of Scholastic assessment and Part B of the same assessment has five grades.
- Summative assessment covers non academic areas like attitudes and skills and there are three grades.
- If a student secures Grade 6 in the academic areas his/her marks would range from 51% to 60%.
- CCE advocates absolute grading. This means that Grade 9 would imply an A2 grade.
- The academic term will be divided into two terms.
Classes IX and X
Which report cards are to be used?
Report cards issued by the school.
Who will sign the completed CCE cards in class X for 2011?
The Board, the Principal and the Student.
Which document has the syllabus and examination specifications?
Syllabus and Examination as per Secondary School Curriculum Document 2010.
How can the board help for selection of subjects in class XI?
By holding aptitude tests.
When would this help be available?
Twice a year
ASSESSMENT FOR STD IX 2009-2010(On-going session)
- CCE will be for Second Term only and will continue in Std X.
- Report Card to be issued by the school
- Model Report Card (Optional) view.
- Report Card to reflect : Formative
assessment and Summative assessment in both Scholastic and Co-scholastic areas.