Waves of Change (WoC) Application/ Participation
Steps for participation:
1. The schools should get registered for the Waves of Change Programme by getting the Online National School Sanitation Rating done for their schools at the school sanitation website (www.schoolsanitation.com) and obtain a UIN (Unique ID Number). This UIN is to be quoted in all the future references
2. Each participating school will constitute two types of committees – one, at the supervisory level called WOC Management Committee, and the other at the theme level (one for each theme). It will be called the Thematic Task Force for that theme, for example: for theme 1 viz. Health, Wellness and Sanitation the Thematic Task Force may be called TTF-1 and so on and so forth. So, there could be Five Thematic Task Forces and One School level WOC Management Committee
3. WOC management committee: The WOC Committee in each school should comprise of 15 members (Students, Teachers and Staff). After constituting the WOC Committee, the school should inform the CBSE-NIESBUD-GIZ Sanitation and Knowledge Development (CNGSKD) Cell through email at [email protected] or by fax at 011-49495391.
4. Role of WOC management committee:
- This Committee would supervise the entire programme
- This Committee would submit an ATR (Action Taken Report) at the end of the programme in respect of the theme 1 and also about the other themes chosen by the school
- This report, in the prescribed format is to be submitted online on the school sanitation website (www.schoolsanitation.com) or it may be sent in a CD to CBSE-NIESBUD-GIZ Sanitation and Knowledge Development (CNGSKD) Cell. No hard copies will be accepted. The packet containing the CD should be super scribed ‘WAVES OF CHANGE PROGRAM’ in bold capital letters and should be posted in a CD mailer (yellow) to CBSE-NIESBUD-GIZ Sanitation and Knowledge Development (CNGSKD) Cell, Central Board of Secondary Education, Shiksha Sadan, 17, Rouse Avenue, Institutional Area, New Delhi-110002.
- This Report is very important, as on the basis of this report the performance will be evaluated.
5. Thematic Task Force (TTF): Schools to form a 15 member TTF for each theme in which the school is participating- comprising of 10 students and 5 teachers who have excelled in the desired field/have genuine interest in the proposed thematic areas.
6. Role of Thematic Task Force:
- They will make a broad action plan for the designated theme and also for the year as prescribed by the CBSE-NIESBUD-GIZ Sanitation and Knowledge Development (CNGSKD) Cell.
- Schools to design and implement action plan for each theme with the parameters sent by CBSE- NIESBUD-GIZ Sanitation and Knowledge Development (CNGSKD) Cell.
- Schools to execute the Activity Plan as sent by the CNGSKD Cell.
Incentives to the Early birds to be given by the GIZ (to be given to the first 2000 schools registering for WOC) – Free Posters, Free online Life Skills Programme, Free Infrastructural guidance