CBSE Vocational Course in Sports
Since long a need has been felt that a Vocational Course in Sports is introduced at +2 level that may prepare the students for the future Professional Courses in Sports and may provide them the job opportunities after passing out from the school system. Also, such course will develop more awareness for the Sports in the country.
Finally the Board proposes to introduce “Body Science – Fitness, Aerobics & Health” a Vocational Course in Sports.
Information in regard to the proposed course is as under:
1. The schools who will apply for the above course will be required to begin the class at +1 level.
2. The schools opting for the course should have a Gym as minimum infrastructure within the school premises; or should have such facility nearby where they tie up for practical lessons.
3. The schools should have a permanent Post Graduate Teacher in Physical Education on roll.
4. The Physical Education Teacher of the school will have to under go two orientation programs each of 15 days duration. The first program will be held before the commencement of class XI and the second before the commencement of class XII.
5. The students that opt for the subject will have to undergo 30 days of Internship Training in the Gym designated/recognised by the Board and to be held during the summer vacation falling in between class XI & XII.
The Board is discussing the issue with various universities/organisations for the Joint Certification of the course.
It is further informed that the content of the course is ready and will be posted soon on the Board’s web site. The Text Book too will be published by the Board.
Once the above course is introduced successfully; the Board proposes to introduce yet another vocational course in Sports, titled “Sports Journalism”