CBSE Marking Scheme for Class X Science 2010-2011
- As per CCE guidelines the syllabus of Science for class X has been divided term wise.
- The units specified for each term shall be assessed through both Formative and Summative assessments.
- In each term, there will be two formative assessments each carrying 10% weightage.
- The summative assessment in the first term will carry 20% weightage and the summative assessment in the second term will carry 40% weightage.
- Hands on practical examination will be conducted through formative assessment once in every term with 20% weightage of total term marks.
- Assessment of Practical skills through MCQ will carry 20% weightage in every term end summative assessment.
COURSE STRUCTURE CLASS X
|I Chemical Substances Chemical reaction; Acids, bases and salts, Metals and Non Metal||29 S|
|II World of living Life process; control and coordination in animals and plants||19|
|III Effects of current Magnetic effects of currents||26|
|IV Natural Resources Sources of Energy||06|
|I Chemical Substances Carbon compounds; Periodic classification of elements||21|
|II World of living Reroduction; Heridity and evolution||27|
|III Natural Phenomena||26|
|IV Natural Resources Conservation of natural resources; the regional environment; our environment||06|