CBSE Marking Scheme for Class IX Mathematics 2010-2011
- As per CCE guidelines, the syllabus of Mathematics for class IX has been divided term wise.
- The units specified for each term shall be assessed through both formative and summative assessment.
- In each term, there will be two formative assessments each carrying 10% weightage.
- The summative assessment in the I term will carry 20% weightage and the summative assessment in the II term will carry 40% weightage.
- Listed laboratory activities and projects will necessarily be assessed through formative assessments.
COURSE STRUCTURE CLASS IX
|FIRST TERM||MARKS : 80|
|I NUMBER SYSTEM Real Numbers||15|
|II ALGEBRA Polynomials||22|
|III GEOMETRY Introduction to Euclid’s Geometry, Lines & Angles, Triangles||35|
|IV CO ORDINATE GEOMETRY||05|
|V MENSURATION Area of Triangle – Heron’s Formula||03|
|SECOND TERM||MARKS : 80|
|II ALGEBRA (contd) Linear equations in two variables||14|
|III GEOMETRY (contd) Quadrilaterals, Area, Circles, Constructions||35|
|IV MENSURATION (contd) Surface Areas and Volumes||15|
|V STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY Statistics, Probability.||16|