Coping With Board and Entrance Exams Together
A proper curriculum can reduce the work pressure/performance pressure of a student & get him a very high score in CBSE & high/respectable rank in IIT-JEE/AIEEE etc.
Content of the subject of CBSE BOARD & IIT-JEE Syllabus is same. The difference is only in the pattern of questions.
While CBSE Board/School Exams have their questions based upon:
- Definitions/Basic principles/ Laws.
- Logical questions based upon the basic principles & requiring high analytical ablity.
- Direct numericals based upon the basic principles.
- Classical derivations.
- Applications based dedications
IIT-JEE/AIEEE Exams have their questions based upon:
- Objective question based upon the basic principles/fundamental as laws/definitions.
- Objective numericals based upon the basic principles/ fundamentals laws/definitions.
- Indirect objective questions based upon multiple concepts & applications involving high thinking capacity & analytical ability.
- Objective question based upon the steps of classical derivations.
- Objective question based upon the steps of applications based derivations
The proper methodology to deal with the difference in the pattern of questions is:
- As we say “Necessity is the Mother Of Invention”, discussion of the development of the subject matter through the daily life problems is required so the law/definitions appears to be necessity to summarize it.
- Coverage of Basic principles/ Definitions & Fundamental Laws.
- Logical applications of the Basic principles in day-to-day life to generate high thinking capacity.
- Effect of change in variables/conditions on the usual results predicted by the basic principles/laws.
- Extension of the definitions (a) to generate classical derivations (b)to generate logical/applications based derivations.
- The coverage of complicated applications based upon multiple concepts requiring high analytical ability.
- We say “The problems in the Board Exams or in IIT-JEE/AIEEE reflect the beauty of the subject”. Exposure to such problems makes you see the beauty of the subject using the capacity/information generated through earlier steps.
- The test & discussion.
- Remedial Classes.
By J.B Gupta, An IIT-BHU Alumni