Smile Through Stress
Smile your way through Exams..
A Short Film
We are living in our modern lifestyle where competition, tension and stress are now part of our life.Surveys have shown that large majority of school going students experience tension, worry and stress during examinations.Therefore, equipping oneself to face these emotions in simple ways is the wisdom to move ahead in life with a healthy competition.
Once you learn something, you do have to practice it. Outstanding athletes, dancers, musicians, doctors and students became experts by practicing. Practice does make perfect! To do well in examinations, you need the desire to do well. You need to work hard. Most of all, you need to study, learn and practice these skills.
Life gives answers in three ways
- It says yes and gives whatever you want
- It says no and gives you something better
- It says wait and gives you the best
Reactions to Stress
- Muscle Tension
- Strange Feeling
- Feeling Drained Out
- Lack of Concentration
- Back Ache and Frequent Heart Beat
- Shallow or Fast Breathing
- Chest Discomfort
Preparing for exams, long seating hours and lots of pressure, In such situations its really tough to concentrate and that’s the time it becomes really important to release the stress. Different activities for different individuals acts as stress busters like playing games, understanding source of stress, nutritional food, talking to parents and capability.
- Do not engage in sport or tire yourself before you sit either for a test or a study period. You should be relaxed before you engage in the task which requires thinking, concentration etc.
- Ensure that you are not hungry, sleepy, tired, thirsty and don’t need to go to the toilet before you sit to study or give a test. This will make sure that there are no unnecessary interruptions.
- If you experience that while studying your mind is occupied by various thoughts, you can write whatever comes to your mind before you actually sit for study. This will help you to clear your mind of the thoughts and thus increase concentration. You may tear off the page after you have released the thoughts.
- Eat brain foods before you study or when you take a break during your study. Bananas, dry fruits, chocolates (in moderation) helps the brain to stay awake.
- In the break time, you can listen to music which relaxes your mind and body. In music stores, CDs of relaxation music are available.
- Graphic organizers are semantic maps which offer a visual representation of ideas. When students organize and design these maps, they apply important analytical skills as they think about how ideas are inter-related.
Meditation and Yoga also acts as good stress busters.Spending sometime with the family not only releases the stress but also acts as a emotional support and rejuvenates the child.