CBSE Science Exhibition
The purpose of Science exhibitions is to develop scientific attitude in the young generation of our country to make them realize the interdependence of science, technology and society and the responsibility of the scientists of tomorrow. These objectives may be achieved by presenting the exhibits as an exciting experience of creativity of children, innovations through improvisations of science kits, and various devices and models for providing solutions to many present and future socio-economic problems particularly those confronted in the rural areas, using available materials and local resources.
The exhibitions will help children and teachers to learn from each other experiences and motivate them to design and develop something new and novel. It will also provide a medium for popularizing science and increasing awareness among the public towards it. The objectives of organizing science exhibitions may briefly be put as follows:
- stimulating interest in science and technology and inculcating scientific spirit in younger generations;
- exploring and encouraging scientific and technological talent among children;
- inculcating in them a sense of pride in their talent;
- providing exploratory experiences, encouraging creative thinking and promoting creative thinking and promoting psychomotor and manipulative skills among children through self devised exhibits or models or simple apparatus;
- encourage problem solving approach and developing the appropriate technologies, especially for rural areas and integrating scientific ideas with daily life situations;
- popularizing science among masses and creating an awareness regarding the role of science and technology in socio-economic and sustainable growth of the country;
The Central Board of Secondary Education organizes Science Exhibitions at Regional and National levels every year. The activity aims at providing a common platform to schools, teachers and students to give shape to their innovate ideas and learn from each other’s experiences. These exhibitions also intend to provide a medium for popularising Science and increase awareness among the stakeholders about close relationship between Science, Technology and Society.
These exhibitions are likely to be organised in different parts of the country at Regional level in the month of July/August and at National Level in the month of September/October.
- promoting interest in Science and Technology among younger generation.
- encouraging scientific and technological creativity among students and inculcating a sense of pride in their talent.
- providing exploratory experiences, encouraging creative thinking and promoting psycho-motor skills among school students through self designed models or simple apparatus.
- encouraging problem solving approach and developing appropriate technologies, especially for rural areas and integrating scientific ideas with daily life situations.
- popularising Science and technology among masses and creating an awareness regarding its impact on socio-economic and sustainable development of the country.
The following key aspects of the exhibition may be kept in mind for participation:
(i) The participating school/team will have to bear all expenses related to participation in the event.
(ii) The participating school can put up a maximum of two exhibits/projects/models
(iii) A school team may be represented by a maximum of two students per exhibit and one escort Science Teacher.
(iv) The participating teams will have to make their own lodging/boarding arrangements at the venue city of exhibition
(v) The request for participation alongwith the enclosed registration form and fee is to be sent directly to the Respective Regional Officer and not to Headquarters Delhi.
(vi) The schools in Delhi region may send it to the Regional officer, Central Board of Secondary Education, PS-1-2, Insitutional Area, I.P. Extension, Patparganj, Delhi-110 092
(vii) The exhibit/model may be either
(a) A working model
(b) An investigation-based project
(viii) The exhibit/project may include
- working model to explain a concept, principle or a process
- an indigenous design of a machine/device
- an innovative/inexpensive design or technique
- application of basic principles of Science/Technology
- Scheme/design of a device or machine to reduce production cost
- Investigation based study
(ix) Every participating school will pay a participation fee of Rs.400/- in the form of a demand draft in favour of Regional Officer, CBSE payable at respective regional office city.
(x) The last date for registration for participation in the event is June 15, 2012.
(xi) The first stage of exhibition will be held at two/three different venues in every region.
(xii) The selected best fifteen exhibits/ schools at every regional level venue will be eligible to participate in the National level exhibition.
(xiii) The exhibits/projects will be assessed by the experts as per the following criteria:
- Students’ own creativity and imagination 20%
- Originality and innovativeness in design of the exhibit/project 15%
- Scientific thought/principle 15%
- Technical skill/workmanship/craftsmanship 15%
- Utility/educational value 15%
- Economic aspect, portability, durability 10%
- Presentation -Explanation and demonstration 10%
(xiv) The actual dates for the regional level exhibition will be communicated through the Regional officers to every school as well as through CBSE website www.cbse.nic.in by July 15,2012.
(xv) Greater emphasis may be given to investigation-based innovative projects to kindle scientific method and scientific approach in the students.
(xvi) A brief write-up about the main-theme and sub-themes is enclosed for reference. The participating teams may prepare the exhibits/projects on any one of the sub-themes satisfying one or more of the stated parameters.
(xvii) Attractive awards/cash prizes are given to exhibits/students who present the best twenty models at the national level.
The above information may be brought to the notice of all concerned, particularly the science faculty in the school and the students. The request for participation alongwith the enclosed registration form, registration fee and other details may be sent to respective Regional Officer before due date. For any other information in this regard, you may contact the Consultant at email@example.com
More on CBSE Science Exhibition:
- CBSE Science Exhibition Dates and Venue
- CBSE Science Exhibition Topics/ Themes
- Regional Level CBSE Science Exhibition