Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
INVITATION OF APPLICATIONS FOR THE NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
Applications (in English or Hindi) are invited latest by 31 August, 2009 in the prescribed proforma from the persons with disabilities to award the National Scholarships for the year 2009-2010 for pursuing technical ind professional courses from recognized institutions. Salient features of the scheme are:-
- 500 national scholarships will be awarded to eligible students with disabilities for the year 2009-10 for pursuing technical and professional courses from recognized institutions.
- Financial Assistance can be given for computer with editing software for blind/deaf graduate and post graduate students pursuing professional courses and for support access software for cerebral palsy students.
- Scholarship of Rs.1000/-p.m. for hostellers and Rs.700/- p.m. for day scholars studying in professional courses at graduation and above level, and Rs.700/- p.m. for hostellers and Rs.400/- p m, for scholars pursuing Diploma /certificate level professional. Course fee is reimbursed upto ceiling of Rs. 10,000/ per year.
The eligible students with disabilities should submit their applications for scholarship in prescribed format duly countersigned and recommended by the head of the institution, where they are studying, so as to reach, complete in all respects to: National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC), Red Cross Bhawan, Sector-12, Faridabad-121007 on or before 31-08-2009.
Details containing the eligibility conditions, the prescribed proforma for the application are available on website of Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt, of India “www.socialiustice.nic.in”.
For further details, please visit website of NHFDC “www.nhfdc.org” or contact
NHFDC, Red Cross Bhawan, Sect:or-12, Faridabad-121007.
Tel no. 0129-2226910, 2287512, 2287513
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications received, other than countersigned and recommended by the head of the institution in which the applicant is enrolled for study or after the last date or incomplete in any respect (i.e. without requisite information or documents), shall not be considered.
National Scholorship for Persons with Disabilities
Applications (in Hindi or English) in the prescribed proforma are invited from students with disabilities for financial assistance for pursuing higher and technical education. Eligibility conditions etc, for the Scholarship as follows:
- Financial assistance will be available to Indian students with atleast 40% disabilities certified as per definition under Persons with Disabilities Act 1995.
- Financial assistance will be given for pursuing post-Matric/Post-Secondary technical and professional courses including Ph.D & M.Phil from recognized institutions. However, for students with disabilities of Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation, Multiple Disabilities, and Profound or Severe Hearing Impaired, the minimum educational qualification will be class VIII pass and scholarship will be awarded to them for pursuing general, technical, vocational or professional courses.
- Scholarship will be awarded to one student for pursuing only one course.
- Financial assistance can given for computer with editing software for blind/ deaf graduate and postgraduate students pursuing professional courses and for support access software for cerebral palsied students.
- Continuation/ renewal of the award for next year will depend on successfully completing the course in the preceding year with minimum 45 (forty five) percent marks for professional courses and 40% for other courses.
- The Assistance under this Scheme is not intended for Post-Matric/Post Secondary Technical/Professional courses having duration of less than one year.
- A scholarship holder under this scheme will not concurrently hold any other scholarship/stipend. If already any other scholarship/stipend awarded, the student is required to exercise his/her option for choosing the scholarship that he/she proposes to avail and inform awarding authority about the same.
- Monthly family income of the beneficiary should hot be more than Rs.15,000 from all sources. Family income includes income of the parent/guardian.