SOF – Girl Child Scholarship Scheme (GCSS )
Girl Child Scholarship
SOF is pleased to launch The Girl Child Scholarship Scheme. As a subset of it’s Corporate Social Responsibility, this scholarship is an endeavor by SOF to contribute towards the education of academically inclined girl children across
India coming from financially weaker section.Salient features of the scheme are as under:
1 The GCSS is an annual scholarship covering one academic year of a child.
2 Under GCSS, 75 deserving girl children will be selected from across India.
3 The selection of the GCSS children will be done through proposals sent by schools.
4 Each selected girl will be awarded a scholarship of Rs 18000/ over one year to support her school education.
5 The amount of scholarship will consist of:
– Education fee @ Rs 1000/month* 12 months – Rs 12000/
– Books / Miscellaneous Expenses – Rs 4000/
– Uniform Allowance – Rs 2000/
6 The GCS will be paid in 2 installments as under:
– 1st Installment – Rs 9000/ before end July.
– 2nd Installment – Rs 9000/ before end December
7 Cheque for the above amount, in favor of the selected child, will be dispatched at her residential address.CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
1. A school may send a proposal recommending a girl child for consideration for GCSS.
2. Each school may recommend only one girl child.
3. Proposal should be signed by the school Principal / Head Master / Mistress only.
4. Proposal should be in the specified format and complete in all respects / with required attachments.
5. The girl being nominated must be studying in recommending school in class one to class twelve.
6. She should have scored at least 60% or equivalent grade in previous class.
7. She should have scored at least 60% or equivalent grade in her 1st term exams / assessment. She would need to send copy of her 1st term assessment report duly certified by the principal to SOF to be eligible for the 2nd installment of GCS.
8. The marks criteria will not apply to a child with major physical disability.
9. Child’s parents’ combined monthly income should be less than Rs 10000/
10. All proposals received will be evaluated by a Committee set up by SOF.
11. Qualifiers of GCSS will be notified individually and through respective schools.
12. Decision of the SOF Committee will be final and binding.
13. In case of any dispute, jurisdiction will vest with Delhi courts only.