CBSE Proficiency Test in Social Science
CBSE Proficiency Test
- The CBSE Proficiency Test in Social Science aims to test higher level competencies in the four key components of the subject- History, Geography, Political science and Economics. These include the ability to:
- Comprehend key concepts and principles in each discipline.
- Apply the above knowledge to understand relevant daily life situations,
- Apply the above knowledge to new and unfamiliar situations,
- Establish correlation between cause and effect.
- Interpret numerical, visual and written sources.
- Evaluate data and arrive at logical conclusions.
- Differentiate between facts and opinions.
- The content level of the test is defined by the prescribed CBSE class IX and class X syllabus. The recommended textbooks for this content are NCERT textbooks in History, Geography, Political Science and Economics for classes IX and X.
- The questions in the test will not be based merely on recall of information.
- The maximum marks for the test will be 100 and the test will have duration of two and half hours.
- The question paper will be objective in nature; answers will be machine-gradable. The paper will consist of multiple choice questions (MCQs) arranged in three sections based on the level of difficulty.
- The total number of questions in the actual question paper is not indicated by the number of questions in the sample given here.
- The distribution of marks among different types of questions is not indicated by the number of questions of each type in the sample given here.
General Instructions for actual Question Paper
1. This Question paper consists of pages and contains 60 multiple-choice in all.
2. All Questions are compulsory.
3. The questions are divided into three sections.
4. Section I consists of 32 questions (Q.No. 1-32) carrying 1 mark each.
5. Section II consists of 16 questions (Q.No. 33-48) carrying 2 marks each.
6. Section III consists of 12 questions (Qs. 49-60 carrying 3 marks each.
7. All three sections will have questions based on the History, Geography, Political Science and Economics components of the Social Science syllabus for Classes IX and X.
8. Negative Marking – Each incorrect answer will carry a penalty of one third of the weightage to the question.
9. For all types, an unanswered question earns no mark.
Instructions for writing on the Answer sheet
- Use an HB pencil to fill the Answer sheet. DO NOT USE A PEN.
- If you want to change an entry after filling a bubble, erase the filled bubble cleanly and fill in the new bubble of your choice.
- Apart from filling in bubbles for answers and roll number, do not write anything else on the Answer sheet.
- You will be provided extra space in the question paper for rough work.
- CBSE Proficiency Test for English
- CBSE Proficiency Test in Mathematics
- CBSE Proficiency Test in Science
- Proficiecny Test List of Candidates
- Proficiency Test – Information for Schools
- Proficiency Test Helpline
- Proficiency Test Pattern and Format of Question Paper