Proficiency Test Pattern and Format of Question Paper
CBSE Proficiency Test Pattern
- All questions will be of multiple choice type with only single correct answer. A student will be required to mark the answers on a given OMR sheet.
- Question paper in every subject will carry 100 marks.
- The duration of the test in every subject will be 2% hours.
- The test will be based on classes IX-X syllabus in the subject prescribed by CBSE.
- The questions included in the question paper will be of varying difficulty level.
- The typology of questions will be different from the type of questions asked in conventional final
- examination conducted by the Board at the end of Class-X. The test will not include any direct recall, information-based or memory -based questions. It will only include questions to assess students’ skills and abilities to apply understanding of concepts to analyse a given situation or an unfamiliar everyday life problem.
- Negative marks will be awarded for wrong answers.
- More than one answer indicated against a question will also be deemed as incorrect response and will be negatively marked.