Physical Education Cards (PEC)
The Physical Education Manual and Physical Education Cards are now available with the Stores, CBSE, 17, Rouse Avenue, New Delhi. The CBSE has produced a Physical Education Teacher Training Manual and a set of Physical Education Cards for schools affiliated to CBSE. These Physical Education Cards are meant for teachers teaching at the primary level and are an effective tool for strengthening the transaction of Physical Education in schools.
Objectives of the Physical Education Cards (PEC)
- to offer support by introducing new teaching approaches and activities for primary age group Jor-physical education lessons as well for the curriculum teaching.
- to provide a new range of educational resources for Physical Education
- to offer training to all of the primary staff who deliver primary educational lessons.
- to assist schools to deliver elements of the Physical Education curricula.
- to act as a research base that will demonstrate the wider benefits that Physical Education card have on the whole child education outcomes.
It is mandatory for all the schools to incorporate the Physical Education Cards (PEC).
They can be used for providing inclusive and interesting experiences to the children at the primary school stage and facilitating the process of engaging with them intensively in games and activities focused particularly on agility, balance, coordination, speed and strength. Each Physical Education Card is devoted to a particular set up activities which aims at agility, balance and coordination for classes I-III and agility, balance, coordination speed and strength for classes IV and V.
Each Card is aimed at providing the essential information needed for engaging all students of the concerned class in the selected game / activity. The title of the Card specifies the abilities to be focused by the particular activities, the activities to be organized, the process of organizing the activities, equipment that will be needed, safety measures to be taken and the skills to be developed. Besides the link of the activities with the existing curriculum the links with other school subjects or cross curricular links and the process of self assessment are also detailed.
The CBSE has also brought out a Teachers’ Manual for implementation of the Physical Education Cards which will help teachers in organizing physical activities and lessons built around it.
The Physical Education Teachers’ Manual is priced at Rs. 150/- and PEC of Physical Education Cards is priced at Rs. 250/-. These are available at the Publication Store, CBSE, Shiksha Sadan, 17, Rouse Avenue, New Delhi-110002 as well as the Regional Offices.
The Physical Education Cards (PEC) need to be implemented at primary level by not only the Physical Education teachers but also teachers of other subjects. Hence it is recommended that each teacher teaching a class should have a set of Physical Education Cards. Teacher training for implementing these cards will be done by the CBSE through the Asstt. Education Officer (Sports). Those interested in teacher training may get in touch with Mr. Pushkar Vohra, AEO(Sports), CBSE, 2 Community Centre, Preet Vihar, Delhi-110 092 at telephone no. 011-22050061 and e-mail at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Training program for Teachers
For the meaningful implementation of the PEC Cards in schools, the Board proposes to organize a three days training program of Primary Teachers/In Charge Primary Section.The first phase of the training will be held in June 2010 at the following two venues:
- LNUPE Gwalior, MP
- Delhi (Venue will be informed later on)
- First program: 01-05 June 2010
- Second program: 06-10 June 2010
- Third program,’ 11-15-June 2010
- Fourth program: 16-20 June 2010
- Fifth program: 21-25 June 2010
- Sixth program: 26-30 June 2010.
First day as reporting and last day as departure date.
It is expected that each school send one Primary Teacher/In Charge Primary Section to attend the program that will act as the Master Trainer and in turn will provide training to other primary teachers in their respective school. You are advised to forward the following details about the Teacher whom you would like to be trained:
- Name of the teacher
- School name and address
- Telephone numbers and E-mail
- Preferred city for training
- Preferred program
The above details may be forwarded to the undersigned so as to reach before 30 April 2010.
- It is mandatory for all the schools to send one teacher for training and obtain a “Certificate” from the Board.
- The fee for the training program being held at LNUPE Gwalior: Rs 3000.00^Der head. (Includes lodging, boarding and course fee.
- The fee for the training program being held at Delhi: Rs 1500.00 per head. (Includes course fee and working lunch). Teachers attending course at Delhi will not be provided lodging.
- Physical Education Teachers Orientation Program
For the meaningful implementation of the PEC Cards in schools, the Board proooses_to organises three days training program of Primary Teachers/In Charge Primary SectJo~.* “$”.zr~zis-z’training will be held in June 2010 at the following two venues:
1.LNUPE Gwalior, MP
2.Delhi (Venue will be informed later on)
Training schedule:First program: 01-05 June; Second program: 06-10 June; Third program,’ 11*15-June; Fourth program: 16-20 June; Fifth program: 21-25 JunefitSixth program: 26-30 June 2010. First day as reporting and last day as departure date.
It is expected that each schoolsendonePrimary Teacher/In Charge PrimarySection to attend the
program that will actasthe Master Trainerand inturn will provide training to other primary
teachers in their respectiveschool. You areadvised to forward the following details.about-the
Teacher whom you wouldliketobetrained:~t_~
1.Name of the teacher
2.School name and address
3.Telephone numbers and E-mail
4.Preferred city for training
Theabovedetails may beforwarded to the undersigned so as to reach before30April2010.
1.It is mandatory for all the schools to incorporate the Physical Education Cards (PEC).
2.It is mandatory for all the schools to send one teacher for training and obtain a “Certificate” from the Board.
3.The fee for the training program being held at LNUPE Gwalior: Rs 3000.00^Der head. (Includes lodging, boarding and course fee.
4.The fee for the training program being held at Delhi: Rs 1500.00 per head. (Includes course fee and working lunch). Teachers attending course at Delhi will not be provided lodging.