DOEACC ‘O’ Level
TOTAL TIME: 3 HOURSTOTAL MARKS: 100(PART ONE – 40; PART TWO – 60)
(Answer all the questions)1. Each question below gives a multiple choice of answers. Choose the most appropriate one and enter in the “tear-off” answer sheet attached to the question paper, following instructions therein.(1 x 10)1.1 Which one of the following is not an Output device?
B) Speech synthesizer
D) Smart and intelligent terminal 1.2. An example of a volatile memory is:
D) HardDisk 1.3. What do folders enable a user to do?
A) Organize the files on a disk
B) Ensure the computer starts properly
C) Name your files
D) Create a file allocation table 1.4. Which of the following belongs to systems software?
A) Word processing software
B) Web browsers
C) Operating system
D) Spreadsheet software 1.5. A Time sharing system is:
A) Batch processing approach
B) Interactive multi-user multiprogramming approach
C) Single user system
D) Single user Multiprocessing approach 1.6. How does the keyboard’s Backspace key work?
A) It erases characters to the left of the cursor.
B) It erases characters to the right of the cursor.
C) It moves the cursor left.
D) It erases the character above the cursor. 1.7. Which keystroke will take you at the beginning of the next or previous page of the document?
A) Ctrl+PageUp and Ctrl+PageDown
B) Shift+Home and Shift+End
C) Ctrl+Home and Ctrl+End
D) The only way is by using the right scroll bar 1.8.
Which of the following menu option is used to display the Custom Animation task pane in PowerPoint by choosing Custom Animation option
C) Slide Show
D) Window 1.9. The advantage of using a spreadsheet is
A) Calculations can be done automatically
B) Changing data automatically updates calculations
C) More flexibility
D) All of the above 1.10.
Which of the following allows you to communicate with multiple users at the same time?
A) Instant messaging
C) A chat room
D) A photo community2. Each statement below is either TRUE or FALSE. Choose the most appropriate one and ENTER in the “tear-off” sheet attached to the question paper, following instructions therein.
(1 x 10)2.1
A 16-bit CPU can process 2 bytes at a time. 2.2
An electronic multiplexer can be considered as a multiple-input, single-output switch, and a de-multiplexer as a single-input, multiple-output switch. 2.3
An EPROM is a type of computer memory chip and is non-volatile. 2.4
Hard disks can be divided into one or more logical disks called partitions. This division is described in the partition table found in sector 0 of the disk. 2.5
Audio-output devices can output only music. 2.6
Mnemonics are associated with machine language. 2.7
MEM and CLS are internal DOS commands. 2.8
You can add dates to worksheets, but spreadsheets cannot use dates in calculations. 2.9
Linux is a proprietary software. 2.10
The kernel is a program that constitutes the central core of a computer operating system. 3.
Match words and phrases in column X with the closest related meaning/ word(s)/phrase(s) in column Y. Enter your selection in the “tear-off” answer sheet attached to the question paper, following instructions therein.(1 x 10)
|3.1||SCANDISK||A.||utility to create disk partition|
|3.2||AutoCorrect||B.||Half a byte|
|3.4||RS-232||D.||relative cell reference|
|3.5||Resolution||E.||utility that checks your hard disk for logical and physical
errors on the drive.|
|3.6||Nibble||F.||Inserts new text|
|3.7||Drivers||G.||Series of program instructions that standardizes the format
of data between a computer and a peripheral device.|
|3.8||$A$1||H.||The main circuit board of a microcomputer.|
|3.10||latency||J.||refers to the time delay|
|L.||refers to the amount of storage you have in your computer|
|M.||absolute cell reference|
|N.||translates assembly language programs into machine
|O.||The number of distinct pixels in each dimension that can be
|P.||A collection of format settings that you can apply to a
paragraph or to selected text.|
Each statement below has a blank space to fit one of the word(s) or phrase(s) in the list below. Enter your choice in the “tear-off” answer sheet attached to the question paper, following instructions therein. (1 x 10)
Multiprogramming systems are designed to maximize ________ usage. 4.2
Line printers and dot-matrix printers are ________ printers. 4.3
Recording of data on tape is in ________ form. 4.4
________ is a measure of a computer’s processing speed. 4.5
The ________ is where the data will be entered and displayed. 4.6
In Excel ________ allows the user to enter repetitive data quickly. 4.7
The part of operating system that allows the user to communicate, or interact, with it is called the ________. 4.8
Use ________ to mark terms you want to include in your index. 4.9
________ determines the amount of vertical space between lines of text in a paragraph. 4.10
One of the main functions of the operating system is ________. PART TWO
(Answer any FOUR questions) 5.
a) What is the function of ALU in a microcomputer system?
b) What is BIOS?
c) What is Pointing device? Name different types of pointing device?
d) Express the following binary fractions to their decimal equivalents: (0.111)2 (11011.101)2(3+4+4+4)6.
a) As working with Linux OS all files and directories have security permissions; what are those and how chmod command helps in operating all those permissions?
b) What are the three types of user interface?
c) What is the difference between systems software and applications software?(7+4+4)7.
a) What is clip art? How clip art is inserted in MS-Word document?
b) What is the Normal Template?
c) What is AutoText?
d) How do you create a table? Explain, the purpose of split cell and merge cells in a table with example.(3+3+3+6)8.
a) What do you mean by Reference Operators in Excel?
b) How can a worksheet be renamed?
c) What are Labels? Illustrate the methodology to enter Numbers as Labels in Excel sheet?
d) How is a macros defined and executed in Excel?(3+3+3+6)9.
a) Describe Slide Transition and Animation Features of PowerPoint. Why are these features used in presentations?
b) What is the difference between embedded charts and Chart Sheet? What are Legends and how are they added on a chart?(8+7)
- Analogy Questions and Answers
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Solved Question Paper (1999)
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Solved Question Paper (2000)
- CBSE Class 8 Solved MCQs on Coal and Petroleum, Science
- CBSE Class 8 Solved MCQs on Combustion and Flame, Science
- CBSE Class 8 Solved MCQs on Judiciary, Political Science
- CBSE Class 8 Solved MCQs on Law and Social Justice, Political Science
- CBSE Class 8 Solved MCQs on Metals and Non Metals, Science
- CBSE Class 8 Solved MCQs on Political Science Secularism, Political Science
- CBSE Class 8 Solved MCQs on Public Facilities, Political Science
- CBSE Class 8 Solved MCQs on Understanding Marginalisation, Political Science
- CBSE Class 8 Solved MCQs on Understanding Our Criminal Justice System
- CBSE Class 8 Solved MCQs on Why do we need Parliament, Political Science
- CBSE Class IX Foundation of Information Technology Sample Paper
- CBSE Class X Foundation of Information Technology Sample Paper
- CBSE Class XII Physics Delhi Set-III Solved Paper
- CBSE Proficiency Test in Mathematics Sample Paper
- CBSE Proficiency Test in Science Sample Paper
- CBSE Sample Paper of English Communicative for Class IX
- CBSE Sample Paper of English Communicative for Class X
- CBSE Sample Paper of English Language & Literature Class IX
- CBSE Sample Paper of French for Class IX
- CBSE Sample Paper of French for Class X
- CBSE Sample Paper of German for Class IX
- CBSE Sample Paper of German for Class X
- CBSE Sample Paper of Home Science for Class IX
- CBSE Sample Paper of Home Science for Class X
- CBSE Sample Paper of Japanese for Class IX
- CBSE Sample Paper of Japanese for Class X
- CBSE Sample Paper of Mathematics for Class IX
- CBSE Sample Paper of Mathematics for Class X
- CBSE Sample Paper of Science for Class IX
- CBSE Sample Paper of Science for Class X
- CBSE Sample Paper of Social Science for Class IX
- CBSE Sample Paper of Social Science for Class X
- CBSE Sample Paper of Typewriting for Class IX
- CBSE Sample Paper of Typewriting for Class X
- CBSE Sample Papers
- CSAT Sample Papers
- Delhi University (DU) B.El.Ed Sample Questions
- Delhi University, Faculty of Law LLB Entrance Exam Sample Paper
- DOEACC ‘O’ Level Business Systems Question Paper
- IAIS Sample Papers
- Indian Air Force EKT Sample Question Paper
- KUK Sample Papers
- KVS JMO Question Paper