CBSE Sample Paper of Typewriting for Class X
TYPEWRITING (ENGLISH OR HINDI)
Part I (I Term)
Summative Assessment I for the first term (April – September, 2010)
One Theory Paper 2 hours 20 marks
One practical paper 1 hour 60 marks
- Design of the question paper for the Theoretical examination.
- The question paper will include questions from the following topics –
a) Functions of important parts of typewriter.
b) Elementary knowledge about display of letters and tabulation – Margin setting.
c) Knowledge of cutting stencils and use of correcting fluid.
- Weightage to different forms of questions.
|Forms of questions
||Marks for each question
||No. of questions
|Very short answer
Note : Internal choice is provided in the long answer question only.
B. Practical Examination
Accuracy Test (A passage of approx. 200 words to be typed in 20 min.) 20 marks
Simple letter of approx. 150 words to be typed in 40 min. 40 marks
SAMPLE QUESTION PAPER
TYPEWRITING (ENGLISH/ HINDI)
Time: 2 hrs. Max. Marks : 20
- 1. This question paper has 11 questions in all. All questions are compulsory.
- 2. Marks are indicated against each question.
- 3. Questions from serial numbers 1 to 5 are of 1 mark each. Answer of these questions may be from one word to one sentence.
- 4. Questions from serial numbers 6 to 10 are of 2 marks each. Answer of these questions should not exceed 60 words each.
- 5. Question No.11 is a long answer question. Answer of this question should not exceed 120 words.
Q.1. Which key is used to type beyond the right set margin?
Q.2. Which part of the typewriter is used to release the paper?
Q.3. Where the tabulator is located on the keyboard?
Q.4. How many lines are left after typing the date in a letter?
Q.5. How many horizontal lines are left in a tabulation?
Q.6. What is the function of paper bail?
Q.7. What do you mean by tabulator set key?
Q.8. What are the two ways of typing the subject heading in a letter?
Q.9. Enlist the different parts of tabulation.
Q.10. Explain the function of shift keys and shift lock.
Q.11. Explain any five parts of a letter.
Write short notes on any two –
b) Portable Typewriter
c) Cylinder/ Platen
d) Card Holders
SAMPLE QUESTION PAPER
TYPWRITING (ENGLISH/ HIND)
Time : 2 HRS. Max. Marks : 20
- Margin release key
- Paper release lever
- At the top of the keyboard.
- Two single lines.
- a) It holds the paper.
b) It helps in reducing noise while typing.
c) It is used to leave top margin.
7. Tabulator set key is used to set points for typewriting the tabular work.
8. a) Typed in capital letters without underscoring.
b) Typed in initial capitals with underscoring.
9. a) Main heading
b) Columnar headings
c) Body of the tabulation
10. Shift keys are used for typewriting initial alphabet of the word in capital letters. Shift lock is used for typing in capital letters.
11. a) Date
b) Inside Address
c) Opening salutation
e) Body of the letter
g) Name and designation of the person signing the letter.
Short notes :
a) Carriage – It is located at the tope of the typewriter. It moves from left to right and vice versa. The following parts are located on the carriage –
i) Carriage return lever
ii) Paper release lever
iii) Paper bail
iv) Margin stops
v) Paper table
b) Portable Typewriter – Easily carried from one place to another – less noise, light – weight.
c) Cylinder – The black rubber roller in the carriage is called as cylinder or platen. It helps in rotating the paper. It keeps the paper safe. The typed bass strike on it while typing.
d) Card holders – It keeps the thick paper/ card pressed to cylinder/platen. It helps in drawing vertical and horizontal lines with the help of pen or pencil
- Analogy Questions and Answers
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Solved Question Paper (1999)
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Solved Question Paper (2000)
- CBSE Class 8 Solved MCQs on Coal and Petroleum, Science
- CBSE Class 8 Solved MCQs on Combustion and Flame, Science
- CBSE Class 8 Solved MCQs on Judiciary, Political Science
- CBSE Class 8 Solved MCQs on Law and Social Justice, Political Science
- CBSE Class 8 Solved MCQs on Metals and Non Metals, Science
- CBSE Class 8 Solved MCQs on Political Science Secularism, Political Science
- CBSE Class 8 Solved MCQs on Public Facilities, Political Science
- CBSE Class 8 Solved MCQs on Understanding Marginalisation, Political Science
- CBSE Class 8 Solved MCQs on Understanding Our Criminal Justice System
- CBSE Class 8 Solved MCQs on Why do we need Parliament, Political Science
- CBSE Class IX Foundation of Information Technology Sample Paper
- CBSE Class X Foundation of Information Technology Sample Paper
- CBSE Class XII Physics Delhi Set-III Solved Paper
- CBSE Proficiency Test in Mathematics Sample Paper
- CBSE Proficiency Test in Science Sample Paper
- CBSE Sample Paper of English Communicative for Class IX
- CBSE Sample Paper of English Communicative for Class X
- CBSE Sample Paper of English Language & Literature Class IX
- CBSE Sample Paper of French for Class IX
- CBSE Sample Paper of French for Class X
- CBSE Sample Paper of German for Class IX
- CBSE Sample Paper of German for Class X
- CBSE Sample Paper of Home Science for Class IX
- CBSE Sample Paper of Home Science for Class X
- CBSE Sample Paper of Japanese for Class IX
- CBSE Sample Paper of Japanese for Class X
- CBSE Sample Paper of Mathematics for Class IX
- CBSE Sample Paper of Mathematics for Class X
- CBSE Sample Paper of Science for Class IX
- CBSE Sample Paper of Science for Class X
- CBSE Sample Paper of Social Science for Class IX
- CBSE Sample Paper of Social Science for Class X
- CBSE Sample Paper of Typewriting for Class IX
- CBSE Sample Papers
- CSAT Sample Papers
- Delhi University (DU) B.El.Ed Sample Questions
- Delhi University, Faculty of Law LLB Entrance Exam Sample Paper
- DOEACC ‘O’ Level Business Systems Question Paper
- DOEACC ‘O’ Level IT Tools and Applications Question Paper
- IAIS Sample Papers
- Indian Air Force EKT Sample Question Paper
- KUK Sample Papers
- KVS JMO Question Paper