CBSE Online Registration for Class IX and Class XI Students
- Registration of School for Online Submission of Students Details
- Updation of School Details, if any
- Online Submission of Students Data for Class IX and XI
- Proceed for Online Submission of Data
- List of Candidates (LOC) Class X Online Submission
- List of Candidates (LOC) Class XII Online Submission
Instructions and Procedure for online submission of details of students for Registration:
1. For academic session 2012-13, Registration of Students for Class IX/XI has to be made on-line through the website www. cbse. nic. in and it is mandatory to register students of Class IX/XI.
2. Registration Forms shall not be sent by the Regional Offices to the school.
3. Registration of Students for Class IX/XI (2012-13):
a) The schools affiliated with CBSE upto Secondary level (Class X) shall submit the details of those students who are on roll in Class IX for the academic session 2012-13 in the school.
b) The schools affiliated with CBSE upto Sr. Secondary level (Class XII) shall submit the details of those students who are on roll in Class IX and in Class XI for the academic session 2012-13 in the school.
4. Fee details and schedule for on-line submission for Registration of students of Class IX/XI:
Amount of Fee to be remitted per Student(**)
Schedule for Online Submission of details of Student
Date for Receipt of Final list of Students along with Fee in the Regional Office (*)
Schools in India
Schools in Foreign
Rs.200/- without late fee
Rs1000/- without late fee
15th September, 2012
22nd September, 2012
(Inclusive of late fee of Rs. 10/-)
(Inclusive of late fee of Rs.50/-)
30th September, 2012
7th October, 2012
(Inclusive of late fee of Rs.20/-)
(Inclusive of late fee of Rs. 100/-)
15th October, 2012
22nd October, 2012
(Inclusive of late fee of Rs.30/-)
(Inclusive of late fee of Rs. 150/-)
30th October, 2012
6th November, 2012
(*) 15 days grace time in place of 7 days for receipt of Final List of Students will be allowed to the schools belonging to remote areas viz. Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Na.gala.nd, Sikkim, Tripura, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi sub division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Island, Lakshadweep and schools in foreign countries.
In case the dates mentioned above fall on a holiday/ Saturday/ Sunday, next working day shall be applicable.
(**) Inclusive of Problem Solving Assessment (PSA).
- On-line submission shall be closed after last date and no entry shall be accepted after the last date.
- Receipt of final List of Registered Students shall be acknowledged by the Regional Office only after the receipt of fee in the shape of Demand Draft as per the schedule given on the web-site.
- In the interest of their own students, Schools are advised to start submitting details on-line as per Instructions given on the website www.cbse.nic.in and take necessary steps so that computer generated details along with fee in the shape of Demand Draft reach Regional Office before the last dates and to avoid the possibility of dis-connection / inability / failure to log on to the Board’s website on account of heavy load on internet / website jam.
- Please take print-out of the instructions and procedure and read them carefully before submission of details of student for Registration.
The following Steps 1 to 10 may be followed in sequence for online submission of details.
Activities to be done for Registration before last date with / without late fee are:
Activities for Registration of Class IX and Class XI
Nature of Activity
Registration of Schools
Updation of School Details
Preparing details of Students for Registration
Checklist Printing of Registered Students
Correction of Registered List of Students, if any
Finalisation of Data
Submission of Fee Details
Printing of Final List of Registration of Students
Submission of students’ Details along with Fee to Regional Office by Post
1. Registration of Schools:
The affiliated schools that are to submit details of students are required to register themselves before submission of details of students for Registration.
- Schools shall register using ‘Affiliation Number’ as User-Id and the password which they used last year for online submission of Class IX/X/XI and XII data. The newly affiliated schools will register using “Affiliation No’ as User-Id and password as communicated through a confidential letter by the respective Regional Officers.
- While registering Schools are advised to change the password and the changed password may be noted for future use and keep it confidential to avoid misuse.
- Also provide Number of Candidates studying in Classes IX/X/XI/XII in the school during 2012-13 for online registration and LOC (This cannot be changed later hence enter correctly).
2. Updation of School Details:
Any correction in School details such as Principal Name, Phone Number, Experience, School website, valid email address for future communications, Name of person(s) along with designation, authorized to submit students’ details online shall be updated.
3. Login :
- Only Registered schools are permitted to login.
- After successful registration, Schools shall login using ‘Affiliation Number’ as User-Id and ‘changed password’ as Password.
4. Preparing Details of Students for Registration:
In order to facilitate smooth data entry/ uploading and due to irregular internet connectivity in some of the schools as reported last year, the Board has introduced offline data entry facility in a specifically designed excel file for the purpose. The schools are requested to download the excel file by clicking the option ‘Download Excel File’ .
Note – UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES THE SCHOOLS SHOULD CHANGE THE FORMAT OF EXCEL FILE OTHERWISE THE STUDENTS DATA WILL NOT BE UPLOADED PROPERLY’
After complete entry of the data in excel file and thorough checking , the same may be uploaded by clicking ‘Upload Excel File’ option.
Note – THE SCHOOLS ARE ALLOWED TO UPLOAD THE DATA THROUGH EXCEL FILE ONLY ONCE. AFTER THAT ADDITIONS .CORRECTIONS AND DELETIONS IF ANY WILL BE MADE ONLINE ONLY.
The schools shall submit carefully and meticulously the details of each student on roll during academic session 2012-13 in Class IX and Class XI separately as per the details available in the Admission and Withdrawal register of the School.
d. The date on which the student’s details are finalised shall determine the fee to be paid by the school and shall be generated automatically by the computer.
5. Check List Printing of Registered Students:
- Schools shall take a list of the submitted details of students by choosing the option “Check list Printing of Registered Students” using a printer attached with the school’s computer.
- The printer settings may be set for A4 size paper with Landscape printing with all side margins set to 0.25″.
- The heading of this List will be ‘CHECK LIST OF STUDENTS REGISTERED FOR CLASS…’
- The details in the list may be compared with the Original Admission and Withdrawal register. Subject Code and Subject Name offered by each student should also be checked.
- When all corrections including spelling mistakes have been noted down, correction can be carried out by choosing option “Correction of Registered List of Students”.
6 Correction of Registered List of Students:
a. This activity has three options ADD, MODIFY, DELETE.
- ADD : Details of any left out Students/ new students can be submitted.
- MODIFY: Correction in the already submitted details of the student can be updated/ modified/corrected. The Record No. printed against the student’s details is typed and the student’s details shall be displayed on the screen. Required correction/ modification can be typed against the particular details.
- DELETE: Already submitted details of the student can be removed from the list completely by typing the Record No. printed against the student’s detail whose details are to be removed from the list. Student’s details shall be displayed on the screen before deletion. Details once deleted can not be recovered and has to be re-entered if needed again by using ADD option.
b. The Check List can be generated by choosing option “Checklist Printing of Registered Students”, compared manually with the Admission and Withdrawal register and corrected by choosing option “Correction of Registered List of Students”, any number of times till it is error-free. i.e. Options “Submission of Details of Students for Registration”, “Checklist Printing of Registered Students” and “Correction of Registered List of Students” may be repeated to make the list error-free.
7 Finalisation of Data :
- When all corrections/spelling mistakes have been carried out and the list is error free, Finalisation of data is done.
- Finalization of data means no more correction /deletion /modification of data which have been submitted till the date of finalization of data is possible i.e. Data submitted shall be deemed as final.
- After finalization of data, Demand draft details for requisite fee are to be entered. Fee shall be applicable as per fee schedule i.e. the date on which the data is finalized is taken for account for fee calculation i.e.
- If students’ details are entered by 13th September and finalization of data is done on 13th September then NO late fee shall be applicable.
- If students’ details are entered by 15th September and finalization of data is done on 15th September then NO late fee shall be applicable.
- If students’ details are entered by 15th September and finalization of data is done on 16th September then late fee of Rs.10/- for each candidate shall be applicable.
- After finalization of data, addition of more students is possible provided the date of submission of details is within the time schedule and fee shall be remitted as per fee schedule
8. Submission of Fee Details :
- Demand draft for the Requisite Fee (Registration Fee + Late Fee, if any) shall be made in favour of the Secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE drawn on any Nationalized Bank payable at the place of Regional Office of the Board under whose jurisdiction the school is located.
- Details of Demand draft such as Date, Amount and Bank shall be submitted on-line.
9 Printing of Final List of Registration of Students:
- Schools shall take Final list of students submitted. Final list can not be generated without submission of fee details.
- The heading of this List will be ‘FINAL LIST OF STUDENTS REGISTERED FOR CLASS_____ ‘.
- Once Final list is generated, no more addition, deletions or corrections can be made on this data.
- The printer settings may be set for A4 size paper with Landscape printing with all side margins set to 0.25″
- The Schools shall firmly affix recent high contrast passport size preferably black & white photograph of the students which clearly indicates the name of the students along with the date of taking the photograph (photograph should have been taken on or after 1.4.2012) with gum/fevicol (not to be pinned or stapled) in the space provided against student’s information and obtain signature of the student in the space earmarked for it.
- A photocopy of the Final printout with Student’s signature and photograph should be retained by the School as office copy.
10 Submission of Details to Regional Office by Post:
- School No., School Name and Address, Principal name and phone no, should be written on the back of the Demand Draft.
- Final List with student’s signature and photograph along with Demand draft and duly filled and signed Certificate of Principal should reach the concerned ‘Regional Officer’, Respective Regional Office of the Board within stipulated schedule given above.