National Informatics Olympiad (NIO)
The Central Board of Secondary Education will be conducting the National Informatics Olympiad in collaboration with the Indian Association for Research in Computing Science (IARCS), Mumbai, across the country and abroad. The examination for the same will be held in two stages. The examination will be open to all the students of classes VIII to XII studying in CBSE schools as well as other Boards in the country.
The first stage examination consisting of the Zonal Informatics Olympiad will be held on Saturday, November 20, 2010 between 10.00 am and 01.00 pm. The examination will be a written examination to test the aptitude of the students, their logical competence, problem-solving skills, and critical thinking.
The candidates who qualify in the first stage examination as per the norms prescribed by the selection committee will appear in the second stage examination to be held on Saturday, January 22, 2011 which will be based on programming skills.
Selected candidates will be called for intensive training for the final selection of the candidates for the International Olympiad.
The Board is planning to conduct the examination in about 40 centres across the country and abroad. Each of these centres will have a coordinator cum Centre Superintendent who will be responsible for the conduct of the examinations. The list of centres is put up on the CBSE Website: www.cbse.nic.in as well as on the Olympiad website: www.iarcs. org.in. Please select the nearest examination centre from the list given and forward the list of candidates desirous of participating in the first stage examination to the coordinator along with the examination fee as per the enclosed proforma on or before 15th Oct, 2010. (The list of participants and bank draft need not be sent to the CBSE as the centre will be forwarding the list to the CBSE subsequently). The fee for each participant will be Rs. 100/- (Rupees hundred only). A consolidated demand draft for all the participants of your school may be drawn in favour of Secretary, CBSE, Delhi.
Question papers from previous years and other training details are available at the Olympiad website: www.iarcs.org.in.
When the candidates go to the examination centre to write the examination, they should carry with them a bonafide certificate with their photograph attested by the Principal of their school. Since no Roll Number will be allotted to candidates, they have to write their name, class, school’s name with address and centre name in the answer sheet and information sheet provided to them in the examination. For any further information, you may contact Dr. Srijata das, Education Officer (Science & Maths) through e-mail [email protected] on telephone no. 011-23237779.
Instructions to candidates
- The duration of the examination is 3 hours.
- Calculators, log tables and other aids are not permitted.
- The question paper carries 80 marks, broken up into four questions of 20 marks each. Each question has three parts. If you solve all three parts correctly, you get 20 marks for that question. Otherwise, you get 5 marks for each part that you solve correctly.
- Attempt all questions. There are no optional questions.
- There is a separate Answer Sheet. To get full credit, you must write the answers in the space provided on the Answer Sheet.
- Write only your answers on the Answer Sheet.Do not use the Answer Sheet for rough work. Submit all rough work on separate sheets.
- Make sure you ll out your contact details on the Answer Sheet as completely and accurately as possible.We will use this information to contact you in case you qualify for the second round.
Please note that CBSE will not reimburse expenses incurred by the school on travel, accommodation etc. of the students to participate in the First Stage of the Olympiad.
Zonal Informatics Olympiad -2010-11 Proforma for forwarding the list of participants to the specified centre
|S No.||Name of the Candidate||Name of the Father/Mother||Class||Sex||Date of Birth|
* You may extend this table as per your requirement.
1. Name of the school: _____________________________
2. Address: _____________________________
3. Tel No:( STD)………………………… FAX:……. ………………
4. E-mail: _____________________________
5. Total number of candidates forwarded: [ ]
6. Total amount being remitted: [ ]
7. Name of the Bank:
8. Draft No: ___________________
9. Date: ____/____/_______
Signature of the Principal
Note: Candidates should produce bonafide certificate with their photographs duly attested by the principal of the school at the examination centre.
CBSE NODAL CENTRES FOR FIRST STAGE ZONAL INFORMATICS OLYMPIAD EXAMINATION , 2010-11
Laxman Public school
New Delhi-110 016
2 Principal, Ramjas School,
Mira Model School ,
New Delhi-110 058
Delhi Police Public school ,
Safdarjung Enclave New Delhi-110 029
DL DAV Model School ,
BN Block , Shalimar Bagh ,
6 Principal, Apeejay School ,
Sector 16 A
7 Principal, Delhi Public School ,
8 Principal, Apeejay School,
Sector-15, Faridabad-121 007
9 Principal, Dewan Public School,
220, Westend Road,
Rani Laxmibai Senior Secondary School,
Sector-14, Indira Nagar, Lucknow-226 016.
Sunbeam English School,
Lahartara, Under Lahartra Over Bridge,
VARANASI -221 002 Uttar Pradesh
Jawaharlal Nehru Sr. Sec. School ,
Habib Ganj BHEL, Bhopal – 462 024
Choithram School ,
Manik Bagh Road , Indore ,
Madhya Pradesh 452 004
Apeejay School , Sector-15, Nerul
Navi Mumbai-400 706
Air Force School , Pune
Vimannagar Pune 411014
Bhavan’s B.P. Vidya Mandir ,
Civil Lines Near Museum Nagpur-440 001
D.A.V. Public School ,
Santoshima Nagar , Neredmet , Ramakrishnapuram Hyderabad 500 056
Delhi Public School ,
Urukkunagaram Visakapatnam-530 032
J.S.S Public School ,
15th Main Road , 22nd cross
Banashankari 2nd stage Bangalore-560 070
P.S. Senior Secondary School ,
Alarmelmagapuram , Mylapore, Chennai 600 004
Mahatma Gandhi Centenary Vidyalaya ,
35 , Tennur High Road , Tennur Tiruchirapalli
Tamilnadu 620 017
Chinmaya Vidyalaya ,
Cochin – 682 023
Arya Central School ,
D.A.V. Jawahar Vidya Mandir
HSL Colony , Shymali Ranchi-834 001 Jharkhand
Chinmaya Vidyalaya ,
Sector V , Opp . Bank Colony
Bokaro Steel city
D.A.V. Public School ,
Pokhariput Old Town
DAV Public School
Bihar State Electricity Board ,
New Punai Chak
Patna -800 023
Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan’s V. M. Public School ,
Teen Rasta , Makarpura Road
Baroda 390 009
Apeejay School ,
115 Park Street ,
Kolkatta -700 016
India International school
SFS Manasarovar Jaipur-302 020
Kota, Rajasthan – 324 009
K.B.D.A.V. Centenary Secondary School
Sector 7B , Chandigarh-160 019
Tagore Bal Niketan, Sector-6 ,
Urban Estate, Karnal – 132 001
DAV Public School
Lawrence Road , Police Line Amritsar-143 001
Faculty Senior Secondary School ,
North Guwahati, Amingaon , Dt. Kamrup-781 003 DEHRADUN
Pestleweed College ,
Delhi – Mussorie Road ,
Dehradun- 248 009
Indian School Muscat
P.O. Box 2470, Ruwi , Postal Code 112 Sultanate of Oman
The Indian High School
P.O. Box 106, Dubai- U.A.E.
MES India School
P.O. Box 3453 , Doha-Qatar
- CBSE Group Mathematical Olympiad (GMO)
- IGNOU-UNESCO Science Olympiad
- Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO)
- International Junior Science Olympiad (IJSO)
- International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO)
- Junior Mathematics Olympiad (JMO)
- Junior Science Olympiad (JSO)
- Junior Science Talent Search (JSTS) Exam
- National Cyber Olympiad (NCO)
- National Science Olympiad (NSO)
- Zonal Informatics Olympiad (ZIO)