CBSE School Based Summative Assessment-1 (SA1)
Conduct of School Based Summative Assessment-I (September, 2012) Classes IX & X
1. The CCE scheme is in operation in all CBSE affiliated schools. As per the scheme, four Formative Assessments and two Summative Assessments would be held in an academic year. The first Summative Assessment (SA-I) for this term for Classes IX and X is scheduled to be conducted in the second half of September, 2012.
2. Under the School Based Summative Assessment-I, the students will be tested internally based on the following criteria:
b) As was done earlier, the Summative Assessment-I will be in the form of a pen and paper test conducted by the schools themselves.
c) In order to ensure standards, the Question Paper Bank in different subjects would be sent by the Boards so as to reach the schools well in time.
d) Evaluation of answer scripts will be done by the school teachers themselves on the basis of the Marking Scheme provided by the Board. The school may use the Sahodaya School Cluster for spot evaluation so that teachers from other schools are also involved, if they so wish.
e) There will be random verification of the assessment procedures of schools by the Board officials/nominees appointed by the Board.
3. It has been decided to provide Question Paper Bank for English Communicative, English Language & Literature, Hindi-A, Hindi-B, Mathematics, Science, Social Science and Communicative Sanskrit. In respect of other subjects/languages, the schools will administer their own question papers.
4. The Board will be sending Compact Disc (CD) containing Question Paper Bank for Classes IX & X and the school may:
i) pick up one question paper for each subject.
ii) mix and match the paper by using different questions/sections from different sets of question papers and prepare a question paper based on Board’s Sample paper, design and blue print.
iii) prepare their own question papers as per syllabus and design available on CBSE’s website (www.cbseacademic.in). However, in case the school prepares its own question papers, the question papers and marking scheme so prepared should be emailed to the Board (email id: firstname.lastname@example.org) for its verification within a week of conduct of the respective papers.
iv) The Board plans to dispatch the CDs containing question papers for classes IX and X to all schools so as to reach
by 10th September, 2012.
v) Every School, Sahodaya Cluster(s) or City may design their own date sheet for Classes IX and X examination
5. The schools need to take out the print of the desired question paper (refer para 4 above) and, thereafter, the required number of prints/copies may be made at the school level. These question papers must be kept in the safe custody carefully.
6. The schools will conduct the SA-I for Classes IX and X during the second half of September, 2012.
7. Another CD containing the Marking Scheme of the main subjects would be sent to every school separately in due course and will reach the schools well in time.
8. The answer books should be evaluated by teachers as per the marking scheme provided by the Board.
9. Kindly note that answer books of school based SA-I for classes IX and X should not be sent to the Board under any circumstances.
For any further clarification please contact the Joint Director (Academics & Vocational), CBSE, Shiksha Sadan, 17-Rouse Avenue, Institutional Area, New Delhi-110002 on phone no. 011-23211576/23212603 or through E-mail: email@example.com
OPERATIONAL MODALITIES FOR CD
- The CD sent to a school will have two files and eight folders viz one file of instructions for operation / installation of CD, one file of Acrobat Reader and Eight folders for eight subjects. Each folder will contain several files of Question Papers for that subject.
- With the help of Acrobat Reader Software you would be able to open the file of question paper for allotted to your school. If your computer doesn’t have Acrobat Reader Software the same could be downloaded from the CD.
- The files of question paper banks would be in PDF format.
- In case of non-receipt of CD or receipt of incomplete file or the difficulty in opening the CD, you may contact call center on – 090044 60879.
- Once the file is opened, double click on allotted PDF file(s).
- File/s will open and you can read and takeout the print of the relevant portions of the Question Paper Bank.
- The CD will contain the Question Paper Bank and the school may:
i) pick up one question paper for each subject.
ii) mix and match the paper by using different questions/sections from different sets of question papers and prepare a question paper based on Board’s design and blue print.
iii) prepare your own question papers as per design and blue print given by the Board. However, in case the school prepares its own question papers, the question papers and Marking Scheme so prepared should be emailed to the Board (email id: firstname.lastname@example.org) for verification within October.
8. The school should make sufficient photocopies of question papers and these must be kept carefully.
9. In case there are large numbers of candidates appearing in the examination, the schools may get sufficient question papers printed under the supervision of a responsible person of the school.
10. You are requested to go through the above instructions very carefully and conduct the examinations in a fair and smooth manner.
11. The modalities for operating CD will also be available with the CD being sent later.
- Advantages of CCE System in CBSE
- An Overview of CBSE Summative Assessment in Class IX
- CBSE Assessment in Classes IX and X
- CBSE CCE | Formative Assessment of German for Class IX
- CBSE CCE | Structure for Summative Assessment of German for Class IX
- CBSE CCE | Structure for Summative Assessment of Gujarati for Class IX
- CBSE CCE | Summative Assessment of Sindhi for Class IX
- CBSE CCE | Syllabus for Summative Assessment of German for Class IX
- CBSE CCE | Syllabus for Summative Assessment of Gujarati for Class IX
- CBSE CCE Guidelines for Formative Assessment in French for Class IX
- CBSE CCE in Class IX
- CBSE CCE Sample Paper and Marking Scheme of Social Science, Class IX
- CBSE CCE Sample Paper of English (Communicative) for Class IX
- CBSE CCE Sample Paper of English (Language and Literature) for Class IX
- CBSE CCE Sample Paper of German for Class IX
- CBSE CCE Song
- CBSE CCE Support Material | CBSE CCE Teacher's Manual
- CBSE CCE Syllabus for Summative Assessment of Kannada for Class IX
- CBSE CCE System in Classes VI, VII and VIII
- CBSE Class IX CCE Sample Paper of French for Class IX
- CBSE Exam Structure for Summative Assessment of Kannada for Class IX
- CBSE Examination Reforms and CCE Training Schedule
- CBSE Film/Video describing CCE and Grading System
- CBSE Marking Scheme for Summative Assessment of Social Science for Class IX
- CBSE School Based Summative Assessment-II
- CCE Award
- CCE Certificate
- CCE Date Sheet for Class IX
- CCE Guidelines
- CCE in Classes VI, VII, VIII as well
- CCE Report Card
- CCE Sample Papers
- CCE Software
- CCE Syllabus
- CCE Syllabus
- CCE System
- Difference Between Board and School Conducted SA-II
- Features of CCE
- Formative Assessment
- Functions of CCE
- How CCE Changed the life of Teachers and Students
- Introduction of CCE in CBSE Board | CCE Guidelines
- Mentor Awards
- Monitoring and Mentoring of CCE
- Objectives of CCE
- Parent Advocates for CCE
- Resolution of the 16th National CBSE Sahodaya Conference
- Sample Question Papers, Summative Assessment in Class IX
- Students' Misunderstandings about CCE System
- Summative Assessment
- Summative Assessment-II
- The Basics of CBSE CCE and Grading System
- Will CCE help crack Competitive/Entrance Exams?