CBSE School Based Summative Assessment-II
Four Formative Assessments and two
Summative Assessments would be held in an academic year. The first
Summative Assessment (SA-I) for this term for Classes IX and X has been
conducted in the second half of September, 2010.
3. Under the School Based Summative Assessment-II, the students will
be tested internally based on the following criteria:
a) Syllabus and Examination Question Paper Design in different subjects
for Classes IX and X Summative Assessment will be the same as
circulated by the Board earlier. The same is also available on CBSE
website www.cbse.nic.in under CCE corner.
b) As was done earlier, the Summative Assessment-II will be in the form
of a pen-paper test conducted by the schools themselves.
c) In order to ensure standards, the Question Paper Bank in different
subjects would be sent by the Board so as to reach schools well in
d) Evaluation of answer scripts will be done by the school teachers
themselves on the basis of the Marking Scheme provided by the Board.
The school may use the Sahodaya School Cluster for spot evaluation
so that teachers from other schools are also involved, if they so wish.
e) There will be random verification of the assessment procedures of
schools by the Board officials/nominees appointed by the Board.
4. It has been decided to provide Question Paper Banks for English
Communicative, English Language & Literature, Hindi-A, Hindi-B,
Mathematics, Science, Social Science and Communicative Sanskrit. In
respect of other subjects/languages, the schools will administer their own
question papers based on Sample Question Paper pattern available on the
5. The Board will be sending separate CDs containing Question Paper
Banks for Classes IX & X and the school may:
i) pick up one question paper for each subject, OR
mix and match the paper by using different questions/sections from
different sets of question papers and prepare a question paper
based on Board’s sample paper, design and blue print, OR
prepare their own question papers as per sample paper, design and
blue print available on CBSE’s website (www.cbse.nic.in)
However, in case the school prepares its own question papers, the
question papers and marking scheme so prepared should be emailed
to the Board (email id: firstname.lastname@example.org)for verification wihin
a week of conduct of the respective papers.
ii) For Class IX, the Board plans to dispatch the CDs containing
question papers to all schools so as to reach by 20th February,
iii) For Class X, the Board plans to dispatch the CDs containing
question papers to all schools so as to reach by 07th March, 2011.
iv) Every School, Sahodaya Clusters or City may design their own
date sheet for Cl asses IX and X exam inati on accordingly.
6. The schools need to take out the print of the desired question paper
(refer para 5 above) and, thereafter, the required number of prints/copies
may be made at the school level. These question papers must be kept
7. The schools will conduct the SA-II for Class IX during the first
half of March, 2011; the SA-II for Class-X will be conducted during the
second half of March, 2011.
Moreover, it may be ensured that in case of Summative
Assessment-II for Class X, the dates for the subjects of English
(Communicate/Language & Literature) and Science are kept after
23rd March, 2011.
8. Another CD containing the Marking Scheme of the main subjects
would be sent to every school separately in due course and will reach
the schools well in time.
9. The answer books should be evaluated by teachers as per the
marking scheme provided by the Board.
10. KINDLY NOTE THAT ANSWER BOOKS OF SCHOOL BASED SA-II
FOR CLASSES IX AND X SHOULD NOT BE SENT TO THE BOARD UNDER
ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. However these must be preserved and kept in
the safe custody at the school for at least a period of three years (in case
of Class IX) and two years (in case of Class X) along with question papers
and Marking Scheme for any verification by the Board subsequently.
11. It may be noted again that the question papers for Classes IX and X
have been designed by the Board and are being sent to schools with the
purpose of maintaining standards. Depending upon the feedback and
suggestions from the stakeholders, the Board may reconsider this policy in
future, if need be.
IMPORTANT: KINDLY NOTE THAT SCHOOLS WOULD NOT COMMUNICATE THE MARKS
OF SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT – II TO THE CANDIDATES OF CLASS X UNDER ANY
AS PER THE SCHEME LAID DOWN AND COMMUNICATED EARLIER, THE BOARD
WOULD BE DECLARING THE RESULTS OF THE CANDIDATES OF CLASS X IN THE
MONTH OF MAY ALONG WITH THE RESULTS OF BOARD BASED SUMMATIVE
ASSESSMENT-II, AND WILL BE ISSUING THE UNIFORM CERTIFICATE TO EVERY
This may be brought to the notice of all teachers, students and
parents of Classes IX and X.
For any further clarification please contact Dr. Sri jata Das,
Education Officer, CBSE, Rouse Avenue, New Delhi – 1 10002
(Contact no.011-23237779 and email id (email@example.com).
- Advantages of CCE System in CBSE
- An Overview of CBSE Summative Assessment in Class IX
- CBSE Assessment in Classes IX and X
- CBSE CCE | Formative Assessment of German for Class IX
- CBSE CCE | Structure for Summative Assessment of German for Class IX
- CBSE CCE | Structure for Summative Assessment of Gujarati for Class IX
- CBSE CCE | Summative Assessment of Sindhi for Class IX
- CBSE CCE | Syllabus for Summative Assessment of German for Class IX
- CBSE CCE | Syllabus for Summative Assessment of Gujarati for Class IX
- CBSE CCE Guidelines for Formative Assessment in French for Class IX
- CBSE CCE in Class IX
- CBSE CCE Sample Paper and Marking Scheme of Social Science, Class IX
- CBSE CCE Sample Paper of English (Communicative) for Class IX
- CBSE CCE Sample Paper of English (Language and Literature) for Class IX
- CBSE CCE Sample Paper of German for Class IX
- CBSE CCE Song
- CBSE CCE Support Material | CBSE CCE Teacher's Manual
- CBSE CCE Syllabus for Summative Assessment of Kannada for Class IX
- CBSE CCE System in Classes VI, VII and VIII
- CBSE Class IX CCE Sample Paper of French for Class IX
- CBSE Exam Structure for Summative Assessment of Kannada for Class IX
- CBSE Examination Reforms and CCE Training Schedule
- CBSE Film/Video describing CCE and Grading System
- CBSE Marking Scheme for Summative Assessment of Social Science for Class IX
- CCE Award
- CCE Certificate
- CCE Date Sheet for Class IX
- CCE Guidelines
- CCE in Classes VI, VII, VIII as well
- CCE Report Card
- CCE Sample Papers
- CCE Software
- CCE Syllabus
- CCE Syllabus
- CCE System
- Difference Between Board and School Conducted SA-II
- Features of CCE
- Formative Assessment
- Functions of CCE
- How CCE Changed the life of Teachers and Students
- Introduction of CCE in CBSE Board | CCE Guidelines
- Mentor Awards
- Monitoring and Mentoring of CCE
- Objectives of CCE
- Parent Advocates for CCE
- Resolution of the 16th National CBSE Sahodaya Conference
- Sample Question Papers, Summative Assessment in Class IX
- Students' Misunderstandings about CCE System
- Summative Assessment
- Summative Assessment-1
- Summative Assessment-II
- The Basics of CBSE CCE and Grading System
- Will CCE help crack Competitive/Entrance Exams?