CBSE CCE in Class IX
CCE in Class IX
This may be brought to the notice of all teachers and students involved in the teaching and learning for class IX.
The syllabus and the design of the question papers for the subjects Home Science and Foundation of Information Technology has been finalized in consultation with the subject experts and Course Committee Members for the students of Class IX who will be appearing for the final examination in March 2010. The design and the syllabus are placed given below :
CLASS IX (HOME SCIENCE)
IInd Term (Oct 2009 – March 2010)
Summative Assessment II
Assessment Weightage Suggested Duration
Formative III 10 % Oct (2009) – Dec (2009)
Formative IV 10 % Jan (2010) – Feb (2010)
Summative Assessment II 40 % March 2010
Formative assessment will include :
- Class tests/unit tests/oral tests – based on theory.
- Assignments/Projects – based on theory.
- Practical work based on practicals suggested at the end of the curriculum. Assessment to be done on maintenance of file, viva, conduction of practicals.
- Development of informative – leaflets, booklets, pamphlets and book marks on related topic in theory.
- Informative lecture sessions by experts on related topics – on safety, nutrition, apparels etc.
Assessment to be done on basis of report writing.
- Field visits: To places as crafts mela, food processing units, industry visits etc. Assessment of filed visit to be done on the basis of report writing.
- Formation and display of information on Bulletin Boards.
- Conducting quiz on the related topic
Suggested projects for Formative Assessment
- Prepare a First Aid Box
- Collect samples of clothes from tailor and tabulate their appearance and texture.
- Collect pamphlets on fire prevention and prepare report on fire safety measures in your school.
- List method of cooking used at home and observe the changes in its colour and texture.
- Identify fabric samples using burning tests.
- Prepare a chart/posters on first aid to be provided to person suffering from cuts(burns,bites/falls/poisoining). Chart can be prepared on other topics and theory like – weaves, sanitation and nutritions.
Suggested topics of Quiz
- Nutrition and health
- Safety in the house
- Apparel and their use
Class IX Foundation of Information Technology
Class IX Summative Examination II (March 2010)
- Computing Technology
- Communication Technology
- Operating System – Basic Concepts
- Word Processing Tools
- Presentation Tools
- Spreadsheet Tools
Design for Summative II Question Paper
Maximum Marks : 80 Duration: 2 Hours to 3 Hours
|S.no||Type of Questions||No.of Questions|
|1||MCQ (Practical Skills)|
(Unit I – 5 Ques (Unit II 10 Ques)
|2||Very Short Answer (Theory)|
(Unit I – 2 Ques) (Unit II – 8 Ques)
|3||Short Answer – Type I (Theory)|
(Unit I – 2 Ques) (Unit II – 6 Ques
|4||Short Answer – Type I (Theory)|
(Unit I – 2 Ques) (Unit II – 8 Ques
- Advantages of CCE System in CBSE
- An Overview of CBSE Summative Assessment in Class IX
- CBSE Assessment in Classes IX and X
- CBSE CCE | Formative Assessment of German for Class IX
- CBSE CCE | Structure for Summative Assessment of German for Class IX
- CBSE CCE | Structure for Summative Assessment of Gujarati for Class IX
- CBSE CCE | Summative Assessment of Sindhi for Class IX
- CBSE CCE | Syllabus for Summative Assessment of German for Class IX
- CBSE CCE | Syllabus for Summative Assessment of Gujarati for Class IX
- CBSE CCE Guidelines for Formative Assessment in French for Class IX
- CBSE CCE Sample Paper and Marking Scheme of Social Science, Class IX
- CBSE CCE Sample Paper of English (Communicative) for Class IX
- CBSE CCE Sample Paper of English (Language and Literature) for Class IX
- CBSE CCE Sample Paper of German for Class IX
- CBSE CCE Song
- CBSE CCE Support Material | CBSE CCE Teacher's Manual
- CBSE CCE Syllabus for Summative Assessment of Kannada for Class IX
- CBSE CCE System in Classes VI, VII and VIII
- CBSE Class IX CCE Sample Paper of French for Class IX
- CBSE Exam Structure for Summative Assessment of Kannada for Class IX
- CBSE Examination Reforms and CCE Training Schedule
- CBSE Film/Video describing CCE and Grading System
- CBSE Marking Scheme for Summative Assessment of Social Science for Class IX
- CBSE School Based Summative Assessment-II
- CCE Award
- CCE Certificate
- CCE Date Sheet for Class IX
- CCE Guidelines
- CCE in Classes VI, VII, VIII as well
- CCE Report Card
- CCE Sample Papers
- CCE Software
- CCE Syllabus
- CCE Syllabus
- CCE System
- Difference Between Board and School Conducted SA-II
- Features of CCE
- Formative Assessment
- Functions of CCE
- How CCE Changed the life of Teachers and Students
- Introduction of CCE in CBSE Board | CCE Guidelines
- Mentor Awards
- Monitoring and Mentoring of CCE
- Objectives of CCE
- Parent Advocates for CCE
- Resolution of the 16th National CBSE Sahodaya Conference
- Sample Question Papers, Summative Assessment in Class IX
- Students' Misunderstandings about CCE System
- Summative Assessment
- Summative Assessment-1
- Summative Assessment-II
- The Basics of CBSE CCE and Grading System
- Will CCE help crack Competitive/Entrance Exams?