How CCE Changed the life of Teachers and Students
- Evaluation system leaves teachers stressed.
- Bright students don’t feel challenged.
The number of students in the class is the same. But this year, Meenakshi Sant finds the number overwhelming.
“Teaching is not the same anymore,” said Sant, a Class 9 teacher at Mini Model School, Janakpuri. “Our lives have changed overnight,”
Assessment on a regular basis under Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) — unlike last year’s year-end evaluation — has inflated their work.
Maintaining several registers for recording academic and non-academic achievements has made the process cumbersome. Stress, as a result has just changed hands — from the students to the teachers.
“There isn’t enough time in one period to say, conduct a quiz or have a discussion on a certain topic and also evaluate all the children at the same time.” said Indrani Bhattacharjee, a social science teacher at St. Xavier’s School.
CCE was implemented in the middle of the last academic session. ‘Though training sessions were organised for principals teachers, confusion on the issue still persists.
A little disgruntled, teachers, however, are still on board the CCE train.Getting the brighter students to do the same is one of the biggest challenges in the way of implementing the new evaluation system in its true letter ami spirit.
The biggest worry: dilution of academic standards.
“I am happy that CCE has helped the non-academically inclined students in maximizing their potential. But at the same time, it has robbed the brighter students of their need to feel challenged,” said Aviral Sethi, a class X student of St. Xavier’s School
“Parents of the academically strong children are also not happy. From having their child top the class to not knowing where he or she stands now – that is quite disappointing for them,” said Nupur Malholra, a Class 10 student of Delhi Public School, Rohini.
But more importantly, it’s the wrong interpretation of the new system that has parents and children across the board most worried.
CCE‘s rule of regular assessment, for instance, has led to many schools putting students under constant scrutiny. The students are obviously not okay with it.
“I become wry conscious that someone is watching me. It is as if I have to put up an appearance all the time for fear of being graded negatively.” said Rajat Bihani, a Class 10 student of Tagore International, East of Kailash.
“My child has started getting more homework and project works now. There are more unit tests. How is this de-stressing a child?” said Pradeep Gupta, whose child studies in a North Delhi School.
CCE’S RULE OF REGULAR ASSESSMENT HAS LED TO MANY SCHOOLS PUTTING STUDENTS UNDER CONSTANT SCRUTINY, PUTTING THEM UNDER EXTREME PRESSURE
- Advantages of CCE System in CBSE
- An Overview of CBSE Summative Assessment in Class IX
- CBSE Assessment in Classes IX and X
- CBSE CCE | Formative Assessment of German for Class IX
- CBSE CCE | Structure for Summative Assessment of German for Class IX
- CBSE CCE | Structure for Summative Assessment of Gujarati for Class IX
- CBSE CCE | Summative Assessment of Sindhi for Class IX
- CBSE CCE | Syllabus for Summative Assessment of German for Class IX
- CBSE CCE | Syllabus for Summative Assessment of Gujarati for Class IX
- CBSE CCE Guidelines for Formative Assessment in French for Class IX
- CBSE CCE in Class IX
- CBSE CCE Sample Paper and Marking Scheme of Social Science, Class IX
- CBSE CCE Sample Paper of English (Communicative) for Class IX
- CBSE CCE Sample Paper of English (Language and Literature) for Class IX
- CBSE CCE Sample Paper of German for Class IX
- CBSE CCE Song
- CBSE CCE Support Material | CBSE CCE Teacher's Manual
- CBSE CCE Syllabus for Summative Assessment of Kannada for Class IX
- CBSE CCE System in Classes VI, VII and VIII
- CBSE Class IX CCE Sample Paper of French for Class IX
- CBSE Exam Structure for Summative Assessment of Kannada for Class IX
- CBSE Examination Reforms and CCE Training Schedule
- CBSE Film/Video describing CCE and Grading System
- CBSE Marking Scheme for Summative Assessment of Social Science for Class IX
- CBSE School Based Summative Assessment-II
- CCE Award
- CCE Certificate
- CCE Date Sheet for Class IX
- CCE Guidelines
- CCE in Classes VI, VII, VIII as well
- CCE Report Card
- CCE Sample Papers
- CCE Software
- CCE Syllabus
- CCE Syllabus
- CCE System
- Difference Between Board and School Conducted SA-II
- Features of CCE
- Formative Assessment
- Functions of CCE
- Introduction of CCE in CBSE Board | CCE Guidelines
- Mentor Awards
- Monitoring and Mentoring of CCE
- Objectives of CCE
- Parent Advocates for CCE
- Resolution of the 16th National CBSE Sahodaya Conference
- Sample Question Papers, Summative Assessment in Class IX
- Students' Misunderstandings about CCE System
- Summative Assessment
- Summative Assessment-1
- Summative Assessment-II
- The Basics of CBSE CCE and Grading System
- Will CCE help crack Competitive/Entrance Exams?